Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disc Defragment

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hello,

Not sure were to post my question so I will start here,

Just have a question on disc defragment.

I know windows has the built in disc defrag, but is that better to use than the

defragment program that I noticed on bleeping website?

any help is appreciated.

Thankyou and have a good day. :thumbup2: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:44 PM

Yes,Windows defragger would be enough for you. For 3rd party Auslogics Disk Defrag is most reliable and safest trough my 3 years of usage.

#3 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

- I would recommend using the build-in Windows Defragmentation program. It knows how Windows organizes the files on disk and therefore defragments/optimizes the disc better than other 3rd party programs.

#4 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

Depends,Windows 7/8.1 has great defragger,XPs is terrible and slow.

#5 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

If it is Vista or higher it will be the best to use the built in Windows one.  The reason why is it looks at what you use the most often and puts them in order.  Of priority.  Don't forget to run it several times or until it starts going through very quick.  Also it has a auto defrag but most computers sleep during that time, so I suggest doing a defrag on your own once a week to keep it running good. 

#6 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Yes,Windows defragger would be enough for you. For 3rd party Auslogics Disk Defrag is most reliable and safest trough my 3 years of usage.

Ok,

Thankyou for the information.

I appreciate your time and honesty. :thumbup2:

#7 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

If it is Vista or higher it will be the best to use the built in Windows one.  The reason why is it looks at what you use the most often and puts them in order.  Of priority.  Don't forget to run it several times or until it starts going through very quick.  Also it has a auto defrag but most computers sleep during that time, so I suggest doing a defrag on your own once a week to keep it running good. 

Thankyou for the wonderful information.

I appreciate the kindness.

And taking the time to reply. :thumbup2:

#8 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

- I would recommend using the build-in Windows Defragmentation program. It knows how Windows organizes the files on disk and therefore defragments/optimizes the disc better than other 3rd party programs.

Thankyou,

I will try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users