Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple letters at once

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 acancian

acancian

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

Hello,

I have the following problem: whemn I turn the pc on, I cannot type my password, as when I type the computer writes 2 or three characters at once. I tried to enter through safe mode but I have the same issue. Please help, I'm lost

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

Try using a different keyboard. Let us know the results.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 acancian

acancian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

Sorry, it's a laptop - forgot to mention

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

If it has a USB port you can still use another keyboard.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

On the web there is a comment on the same problem as yours...here is the comment and it might be worth a try. Many laptops have a fn key.

pressing "fn + num lock" will fix this. If you dont have a num lock key you will need to press "fn + caps lock" instead

#6 acancian

acancian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the reply - it didn't fix it though

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

Didn't have much hope that it would. So, do you have access to another keyboard? A dirty or damaged keyboard is at the top of the list for causing your problem.

Edited by buddy215, 12 July 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Run "Ease of Access" to start On-Screen Keyboard which you can use mouse to type the user account password.

After you login to Windows OS upgrade or reinstall keyboard driver.

PsoIV4b.png

Posted Image

#9 acancian

acancian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

Thanks - I'll let you know how it works

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

Your very welcome, any problem starting On-Screen Keyboard let me know.

Posted Image

#11 acancian

acancian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

I manages to log in, but I am not sure how I upgrade my keyboard. Tried to r
I tried to update the driver from control panel but it says the driver is already updated. I keep having the same problem typing and the keyboard is clean - any ideas?

Thanks

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

Just want to be sure you understand that when I said...A dirty or damaged keyboard is at the top of the list for causing your problem.....that it means 'damaged' is not the same as 'dirty'.

You can not determine by looking at the top of the keyboard as to whether it is damaged or not. But before I would just assume a laptop keyboard is damaged I would want to do the minimum

test of plugging in another keyboard. Even if you don't have access to one it would be a good idea to spend the few dollars on getting one.

#13 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:55 AM

Press Windows logo key (also known as Windows key) and right click Computer select Manage and from Computer Management snap-in click Device Manager and expand Keyboards uninstall and if there is a option to delete the driver for the laptop keyboard selected, make sure On-Screen Keyboard is running because you will use it to open the Start Menu to restart the laptop.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users