Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Pesty Infestation!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler_Durden81

Tyler_Durden81

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

I've been trying to remove this thing for the last 10 hrs straight and im at a loss. Im New to hijackthis so whatever help anyone can provide me I would sincerely appreciate. Here's a list of what I've done so far and osme observations:

I think whatever it is i got is from a file my GF installed that was within a copy of photoshop she got from a friend at college. It was installed2 days ago not long after the chaos insued. The Comp (fast amd comp plenty of Mem and XP serv. 2) started bogging down badly. I tried to run my AV (updated Panda) and it was goign along fine and i looked away and when i looked back i saw 272 infected files( I scan daily and never find anything other than cookies normally).
I went to see what it was and it froze up, task manager had panda at 99% cpu. Had to end task and retried, it got way past the point it had before having found no viruses this time, then it froze again ( on the Photoshop exe located on my second harddrive with windows). Afterward i began downloading a few programs trying to find out what the problem was and i go a few odd msgs. The msot concerning was a msg coming from winpatrol that popped up every 5 mins telling me windows was trying to change file assosiations of files .JS, .VBS, .VBF, .WSF from windows script to panda antivirus files. Also random freezing and my dial-up connect kept fritzing out.
In spybot an error popped up saying that i had a faulty setting for my AV, Firewall, and windows update sayingf the "disable notify" was changed. After this i checked and found that although my firewall stated it was on it actually wasnt. I used an aol infromation program and it said it was off, and i know it to work at detecting it normally. Alright if you have suck with me this long Thanks A lot LoL. I followed all the steps and ran all the online scans which both found nothing at all amazingly. ditto for Windows defender. (i tried reruining panda online scan because i frogot to get the log and it wont begin scan now. just freezes. This is all i got now, Please lemme know what i need to do or any suggestions. .. thank you

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:07:51 AM, on 7/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\TPSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\pavsrv51.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
c:\program files\panda software\panda titanium 2006 antivirus + antispyware\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltpspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PavFnSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PsImSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\zHotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\winpatrol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\WebProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\114000~1\EE\AOLHOS~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\114000~1\EE\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Nikon\PictureProject\NkbMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\AvltMain.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\Program Files\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://us.mcafee.com/root/redirects/support.asp?affid=370-9
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [readericon] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~2\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1140006624\EE\AOLHostManager.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadAccelerator] "C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE" /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Program Files\YourWare Solutions\FreeRAM XP Pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Harmony Remote V5.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Harmony Remote\HarmonyClient.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NkbMonitor.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\PictureProject\NkbMonitor.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .wav: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D9BF656D-41D1-416F-B8BF-090D9CC80EFC}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avldr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avldr.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Network Manager (PNMSRV) - Panda Software - c:\program files\panda software\panda titanium 2006 antivirus + antispyware\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\TPSrv.exe

Edited by Tyler_Durden81, 10 July 2006 - 12:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tyler_Durden81

Tyler_Durden81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:45 AM

update:

:All programs settings were modified, where noted, as in the Guidelines, also everything was updated within 24 hrs:

Entered in Safe Mode:

1. Ran CCleaner 1.31 on Default settings. Didn't find anything but a couple cookies and temp files.

2. Ran Microsofts's Malicious program tool and turned up 0 Infected files

3. Ran Ad-Aware 1.06r1 and found a few MRU file references.

4. Ran Spybot 1.4 and found 0 Infected files. (also immunized.)

5. Ran Spydoctor and found nothing.

6. Ran Microsoft defebder and found 0 infected files.

7. Ran CwShred and Kill2me with 0 infected results.

At this point I had to exit Safe mode due to my Dial-up.

8. I rebooting in normal mode with msconifg set to normal. When i booted up RegMechanic started a scan and I let it go and it came up with 45 "Problems Found". 18 repaired, 27 restricted. when i looked into the file almost all the problems had to do with a string that said "CoolList control Failure to LOAD".

9. Ran Bitdefender and found 0 infected files. (last few attempts at this It would not update or finish so IM seeing improvement).

10. tried repeatedly to get Panda activescan to work but would not load up. Just stuck on 0%. I've got all the required software so It wasnt due to flaky intenret not downloading the active X. Still, couldnt get it to run so i do not have a Log for activescan.

11. Ran Highjackthis.

Everythings running a bit more smoothly. not getting all the error messages from wincontrol saying that file associations are going haywire. Internet is acting normal. But i still have some programs that arent detecting my firewall.

thanks for the Reply, and hopefully you can see something in here thats causing my problems form earlier. "the main thing worrying me is how the virus was chaning my antivirus values, and lowering all my setting if not outrights disabling Panda every 5 minutes and shutting down the Firewall". Hopefully U can make something out of these logs and help me pick it out. I know the scans arent picking anything up anymore, but i never found an actual virus, just spyware, and i dont see that doing all the damage i had earlier. Anyway, Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:57:01 PM, on 7/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\TPSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\pavsrv51.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
c:\program files\panda software\panda titanium 2006 antivirus + antispyware\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltpspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PavFnSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PsImSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\zHotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\WebProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\114000~1\EE\AOLHOS~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Nikon\PictureProject\NkbMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\114000~1\EE\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\avtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\psimreal.exe
C:\Program Files\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch...TP&M=GT4016
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://us.mcafee.com/root/redirects/support.asp?affid=370-9
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [readericon] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~2\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1140006624\EE\AOLHostManager.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadAccelerator] "C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE" /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AOL Fast Start] "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\AOL.EXE" -b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Program Files\YourWare Solutions\FreeRAM XP Pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Harmony Remote V5.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Harmony Remote\HarmonyClient.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NkbMonitor.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\PictureProject\NkbMonitor.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .wav: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D9BF656D-41D1-416F-B8BF-090D9CC80EFC}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avldr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avldr.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Network Manager (PNMSRV) - Panda Software - c:\program files\panda software\panda titanium 2006 antivirus + antispyware\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware\TPSrv.exe

Bitdefender online scan results

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>BitDefender Online Scanner -Scan Report</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta name="generator" content="Namo WebEditor v5.0(Trial)">
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF leftmargin="10" marginwidth="0" topmargin="20" marginheight="0" >

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%">
<tr>
<td width="458">
<p><font face="Arial" color=red><span style="font-size:14pt;"><b>BitDefender
Online Scanner</b></span></font></p>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3" width="912">
<p><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:11pt;"><B>Scan report generated
at: Mon, Jul 10, 2006 - 16:14:29</b></span></font></p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
<p><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:11pt;"><B>&nbsp;</b></span></font></p>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
<p><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:11pt;"><B>Scan
path: </b></span><span style="font-size:10pt;">C:\;D:\;E:\;F:\;G:\;H:\;I:\;J:\;</span></font></p>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
<p><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:11pt;"><B>&nbsp;</b></span></font></p>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolordark="white" bordercolorlight="black" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="451" colspan="2" bgcolor="#CCCCCC">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2"><B>Statistics</b></font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Time</font></p>
</td>
<td width="43%" align="right">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">00:41:16</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Files</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">404683</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Folders</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">4225</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Boot Sectors</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">7</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Archives</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">8547</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Packed Files</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">41207</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolordark="white" bordercolorlight="black" width="100%">
<tr>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2"><B>Results</b></font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Identified Viruses </font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">0</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Infected Files </font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Suspect&nbsp;Files </font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Warnings</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Disinfected</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Deleted Files</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
<tr>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2"><B>Engines Info</b></font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Virus Definitions</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">406964</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Engine build</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">AVCORE v1.0 (build 2310) (i386) (Apr 17 2006 16:24:38)</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Scan plugins</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">13</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Archive plugins</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">39</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Unpack plugins</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">5</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">E-mail plugins</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">6</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">System&nbsp;plugins</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">1</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
<tr>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2"><B>Scan Settings</b></font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">First Action</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Disinfect</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Second Action</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Delete</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Heuristics</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Yes</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Enable Warnings</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Scanned Extensions</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">*;</font></p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Exclude Extensions</font></p>
</td>
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">&nbsp;</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Scan Emails</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Scan Archives</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Scan Packed</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Scan Files</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">Scan Boot</font></p>
</td>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td colspan=2> &nbsp;
<tr>
<td width="252" bgcolor="#CCCCCC">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2"><B>Scanned File</b></font></p>
</td>
<td width="195" bgcolor="#CCCCCC" align="right">
<p align="left"><b><font size="2" face="Arial">&nbsp;Status</font></b></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="57%">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">No virus found.</font></p>
</td>
<td width="43%" align="left">
<p><font face="Arial" size="2">&nbsp;</font></p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>

<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="458">
</td>
<td width="40%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
<td width="10%">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</td>
</tr>

</table>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

</body>
</html>

#3 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:30 AM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :thumbsup:

It's been a few days since your last post, so give me an update. What problems are you still having now? Also please post a fresh hijackthis log for me to review.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

#4 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:52 AM

This topic has been closed due to a lack of response. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users