Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to create a directdraw interface. error code = unrecognized error value

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

I am having problems running many Windows 98 games on Windows 98! I have Directx 9.0c and have 64MB of video and Dxdiag has said so since my original post about looking for 98 drivers for the machine. and now all of a sudden, I get an error

unable to create a directdraw interface error code = unrecognized error value
and if I were to bring up the dxdiag now, I get a dozen dll error messages when I switch to the "display" tab and now it tells me I only have 2.5 MB video! If I reinstall the drivers, I always get an error message every time I boot up that reads

graphics bus failure the display adapter has discovered incompatibilities with your system. please contact your system manufacturer
which neither of those error messages got any hits on any search engine and says no results for for each error message

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

What is the make and model of your graphics accelerator?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users