Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Specified module cannot be found windows 7 (0xc0000022)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 regon

regon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hi,

This is my first post and I will appreciate any help in solving the following error message "specified module cannot be found."  I clicked on an ad earlier that started opening mutliple browser pages on firefox.  I tried to kill it using task manager however it has now stopped some of the system processes.  I have a HP desktop, Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1, processor- Intel R Cose TM i5 , 64 bit

When I try to access Malware removal programs such as Malwarebytes in normal mode, I constantly get the following error messages

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anit- Malware\mbam.exe" The specified module cannot be found.

Same thing happens when I try to access cmd command, run as administrator-  error message - c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe The specified module cannot be found.

I am also not able to access any microsoft system settings such as device manager, system protection, etc..

I am also not able to system restore under normal mode- error message is " c:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe  The specified module could not be found'

I rebooted in safe mode with networking and I can access the above programs in safe mode however when I run scans, no maware is detected.

I am not sure of what I can do other than a clean restore at this point. I will greatly appreciate any help.

I have completed scans under the safe mode and have logs from Malwarebyte scans, TDSSkiller, hitmanpro, minitoolbox and can post if it helps.

Thank you in advance,

Regon.

Edited by regon, 12 July 2015 - 04:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

Hello and welcome,

I saw that you also opened topic here. But, you have to post FRST logs also. Please, read step 6. from here: Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Let me know if you need any help. 

Edited by severac, 12 July 2015 - 05:27 PM.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 regon

regon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:07 PM

Hi Severac,

I downloaded the FRST. exe app on a USB and then saved on the desktop but I am not able to run the program. I get the following error "C:\Users\HOME\Desktop\FRST.exe The specified module cannot be found. Can you suggest what I should do next? Thanks.

#4 regon

regon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

abns

Edited by regon, 12 July 2015 - 10:59 PM.

#5 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

Please, write that in your topic there, so they can know that you can't run FRST.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users