Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LG tablet will not charge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wuzzo

wuzzo

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hello

My wife's LG tablet has been abandoned since Christmas and is completely discharged.  However, it flatly refuses to recharge.  Any advice in this area ?  Regards.

Lend me your ears

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

Yah: Leave it on the charger overnight without touching it and try it in the AM.

:)

#3 wuzzo

wuzzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

Tried that, bludgard.  I've tried different chargers, different USB cables.  I've tried trickle-charging it through my PC.   I get the lightning/battery charge symbol showing zero for half a second when I plug it in and then the black screen of total ignorance in perpetuity. 

Edited by wuzzo, 12 July 2015 - 01:15 PM.

Lend me your ears

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

If leaving it connected (for a couple days if necessary) does not help: I would suspect a faulty battery.

The tab::

Recognizes power connected >

Recognizes a battery >

Battery:

Not recognizing power >

Not taking charge.

Sure I am missing a couple hundred troubleshooting tips with algorythms but time and experience just wont allow it.

I would rip it apart and fiddle 'round with battery power leads to mainboard (disconnect then reconnect).

#5 wuzzo

wuzzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:08 AM

This is actually quite a common problem with tablets which become fully discharged.  I know this because of the quantity of queries appearing on the 'net.   There are many simple  suggestions for a fix-  some of which work for some people -  but I was hoping that somebody here with experience of the problem could advise me.   I'm as sure as I can be that it's NOT a faulty battery as some of the solution seekers have reported replacing theirs with negative results.  Thanks for your time though. 

Lend me your ears

#6 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:50 AM

No worries.

We repair/service desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, game systems, TVs and practically any other electronic devices daily. We have indeed run into this issue many times with tabs and phones.

I suppose one will have to search out what will work for you and run with it.

Thanks,

Over

Edit: One will undoubtedly have to get to the insides to correct the issue eventually (be it you or a service tech). Prayer and hope have little to do with making a battery functional.

Edit2: There is also the possibiliity of fauly voltage regulating component(s) (although unlikely-it happens); which requires replacing the on-board-chip(s) or purchase of mainboard that houses it/them.

I would def pull/reconnect the battery before anything. Might get lucky....

Edited by bludgard, 13 July 2015 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users