Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

best download manager for this purpose

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimsmi420

jimsmi420

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

So I am trying to download large files from a website that I have to log into (I'll just say it, it's for pr0n), but I have incredibly slow DSL. It takes several hours to download even a low resolution full length movie (usually around 300MB - 500MB). I think the issue that I am having is that the websites (I've tried all of the major ones) auto logs me out before the downloads complete, thereby cancelling my download. I get a "download failed - unknown network error" or something similar depending on what browser I am using, and I've tried all the major ones of those as well. 

Is there a download manager where I could possibly enter my log in credentials into it so that the websites won't log me out or at least pause the download so I could resume after I log back into the site? If there is a way to queue downloads as well, so it would only download one at a time that would be very helpful too. 

Please help me and my right hand.

Thank you,

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

EagleGet is best free download manager and it has media downloader : http://www.eagleget.com

#3 jimsmi420

jimsmi420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

EagleGet is best free download manager and it has media downloader : http://www.eagleget.com

Any other suggestions? It doesn't have to be free either. I would gladly pay for the software if it solved my problem.

I have been trying out eagleget, and I love it, but am still having the same issue even though I put my log in credentials for the website in the site manager. After almost exactly an hour after I have no activity on the website, EagleGet gives me an "Access Forbidden by Server" error on all of my queued downloads. I log back into the website then try to "refresh download address" on EagleGet, but no luck. Even trying to re-download it does nothing. I have to delete the download from the queue, then go back to the specific link to the video and add it again. I am posting this issue to the eagleget forum as well in hopes of a solution. Thanks for the suggestion. It's a fantastic download manager if I could get past the issue of logging in.

#4 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

Have you tried with Download Ninja or Internet Download Manager ?

#5 jimsmi420

jimsmi420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Have you tried with Download Ninja or Internet Download Manager ?

Trying Download Ninja right now. It seems to have potential. I've paused the download, logged out of website, then started Ninja again, and it resumed download even though I am not logged into site on the browser. Only potential problem is it is saving the file as a .htm instead of a .mp4. It is the correct file size though (616MB), so I am hoping I can rename the extension to .MP4 and have it work. We shall see. It also saves the file as a generic name (members_domain_com.htm) instead of the actual video filename. NBD as log as it works. Thanks, I'll let you know in a few hours if the DL completes. 

#6 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

You need to use Media grabber not Add New Download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users