Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DLL IS MISSING

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 wickerman

wickerman

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

every time I turn on my computer I get this (  see  attachment) what is it and should I be worried.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

wikderman:

I don't see the attachment.  If it is a "... container.dll" missing message, then it probably means you have SearchConduit on your computer.  I would download a copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and scan your computer.  You could also download and run AdwCleaner, which will also destroy junk like that.

If that is not the issue, try running "sfc /scannow" from an elevated command prompt to check the integrity of your Windows installation.

Hope this helps.  Let us know how you make out.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,528 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

CLARIFICATION OF PREVIOUS POST

I want clarify my previous response.

If you have reason to believe that your computer is infected with malware, you should post in the appropriate "Am I Infected" Forum where a qualified member of the Bleeping Computer Malware Response Team will assist you.

I am not qualified to provide malware removal assistance, as I am still a student at the early stages of my training.  Removal of serious malware infections need to be done by an expert, and even then, the results can be unpredictable.

I have seen more than a few computers in my neck of the woods with the error message: "background.container.dll" missing and AdwCleaner removed the offending browser hijacker.  For more information, please check this link.

My apologies to the Moderator and Management here at BC if I have overstepped my bounds as a Study Hall Junior. It won't happen again. I just got enthusiastic because I found a question to which I might know the answer.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

At work most of the missing DLL messages are due to malware that's been removed - and the removal left behind a bad startup entry.

It'd help if you could repost a link to the exact error message so that we can see what's causing it.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:08 AM

Thanks to you both, I ran malware bytes  Garioch7, because I have run this before on advice from someone from this forum. And I trust the people on this site.

but unfortunately the message is still there..  Usasam  I tried to paste the message last post but obviously got it wrong. so I will write down .

the programme cant' start because AppVisvSubsystems32.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

hope this help.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:46 AM

The error pertains to a Microsoft Office product component entry : http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Microsoft-Office-365-Home-Premium-Preview-en-us-8374-program.aspx

appvisvsubsystems32.dll - Microsoft Application Virtualization Client Virtualization Subsystems

I would follow the link provided by garioch7 which would lead to using either autoruns or the windows administrative tools. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:07 PM

Here's a link that describes a fix:  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/4fdea64f-e7c8-4e08-95b2-fb54984d617f/appvisvsubsystems32dll-error?forum=officesetupdeploy

Another option is to go to Control Panel...Programs and Features and right click on the Office program and select "Repair".

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:13 AM

Morning chaps. not having  much luck I'm' afraid. I have tried  Garioch7 suggestion ran malware bytes  and adware no change  then I went on to  your suggestion Usasma,

and ran sfc scannow (I think) typed it in as you said ran as administrator  I git a quick flash look like a log  then it was gone I then went windows updates there where 24 new ones I updated all restarted my computer.    but the message is still there.can you suggest anything else. please.

Edited by wickerman, 15 July 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#9 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,528 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

Wikerman:

Sorry to hear that you have been unable to resolve your issue. I did a little Google research and found this link which might assist you to troubleshoot the problem.

http://www.dllmissing.com/fix-missing-or-not-found-appvisvsubsystems32.dll-errors-8238

Hope it helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

You'll have to open up an elevated Command Prompt first, then run the SFC.EXE /SCANNOW command while the command prompt window is open.

That way it'll stay open and let the program run.

Edited by usasma, 15 July 2015 - 02:04 PM.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

Elevated Command Prompt - Windows 7 Help Forums - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/783-elevated-command-prompt.html

Louis

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Louis!

#13 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:51 AM

Thanks Moderator for your input I have run sfc as suggested by Usasma, from you post and it worked I got a log ,but I don't know.
how to send it. tried cutting and pasting ,that didn't work so now what .do you even want the log.

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

Running SFC.EXE was one of the steps in running a fix for your problem.

Did the report say if it found corrupt files/was able to fix them or not?

Have you tried repairing Office yet?  If so, what were the results?

Does the problem still exist?  If so, we'll need a couple of more things to address this:

1)  the exact text of the error message (I'm particularly concerned with the path and filename of the missing DLL)  You posted most of this info in the first few posts, but there wasn't a reference to which program couldn't start.  That might be contained in the error window title.

2)  a copy of this set of reports (even though you're not getting BSOD's): 

#15 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

Morning to all of you I have cleared it up . HOPEFULLY.  I went to msconfig start-up and there was three programmes I didn't. need at start-up. 

so I unchecked them. rebooted and it had. gone  but I don't ' know if this is the right thing to do .  there might still be a fault I don't know. still everything seems to be working.

so once more thanks to all of you.

PS will keep you posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users