Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 lockout

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 uncaljo

uncaljo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:35 PM

Hi to all.

My problem is  I am locked out of my Win 7 os. It boots ok but I get  (interactive logon process installation has failed).when I go to logon.  I have dual boot os win 7 & vista and can get to the drive by vista. I am 100% sure it is a registry problem as it happened

after doing a reg by Ccleaner and then tune-up utilities.The registry was backed up just before I performed the reg clean scan. 

Can the reg be restored .

Any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Does this article apply to you?  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2615701

If not, post back and I'll message a friend (who has a better memory than I do) for the fix that we use at work.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

If you truly backed up the registry...just how was this accomplished?

If backed up, it should be able to be restored.

FWIW:  Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

On the other hand...if you have routinely been using the registry cleaner function in Ccleaner and other such applications....then there is no way of telling how much damage may have been done in the past and the backup will reflect such damage or omissions, IMO.

Louis

#4 uncaljo

uncaljo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

Usasma .This applies to me.

I backed up the reg with Ccleaner 30 min before (and rebooted) I then USED  TUNEUP utilities to check everything also . I rebooted and that was that.... locked out !

I can see the reg file because I re-named it for easy find and I cant click on it because it would restore the good os I'm working accessing the drive. 

If I can find the reg in the messed drive and paste the backup ....  but that would be too easy I'm sure.

I also did two drive checks in boot mode and cleaned a few errors.and still locked.

Edited by hamluis, 12 July 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

Sent a message ot my friend.  Now we wait.................

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

This is similar to yours, but with a different error message.

Give it a try anyway.

Method 1 is what we use at work:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

If it doesn't fix things, then we'll try the other fix through the command prompt

#8 DAVID SHELDON

DAVID SHELDON

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:10 AM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2615701 REMAIN HELPFUL FOR YOU.

#9 uncaljo

uncaljo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hi Folks
Got in the backdoor and found a few backups which had a clickable command prompt and restored the os and removed the logon problem.
After a few days however internet explorer, mail, and a few more programs give calendar errors when I click on them and stop working.
Sfc and checkdisk show no errors. Looks like I fixed one problem and created another

uncaljo

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

Install all important Windows updates including Service Packs. Can you write down all the error message for us to view also open Even Viewer by typing eventvwr.msc into Start Menu search box and see if any error logs has been created for your problem if there is copy/paste the error message for us to view.

Edited by FreeBooter, 16 July 2015 - 08:32 PM.

2GvnEq2.gif

#11 uncaljo

uncaljo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:26 AM

66943 errors in admin events, :bounce:  a grenade might solve my problem !!!!

Log Name:      System
Source:        Service Control Manager
Date:          17/07/2015 11:27:37
Event ID:      7001
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Joe-PC-kitchen
Description:
The Computer Browser service depends on the Workstation service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7001</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-17T10:27:37.310367700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1470705</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1136" ThreadID="1228" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Joe-PC-kitchen</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">Computer Browser</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Workstation</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">%%1058</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

Please describe how you restored the OS.

If you didn't do it from a recovery partition or an installation disk, you may have to do that (doing so will wipe out ALL of your data files, so be sure to backup first!).

#13 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

I myself also like to know how you restore Windows OS which method did you use?

The event log error you paste will not cause the same problem your having you can dismiss this error.

Try resetting Internet Explorer settings open "Control Panel --> Internet Options" from Advanced tab, click Reset button.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.

When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC for these changes to take effect.

2GvnEq2.gif

#14 uncaljo

uncaljo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

I was lucky I had backed up my reg with Tweaking dot com, its a windows repair software. If you have a dual boot system you should get in by going into your other drive and restore the reg backup which has a cmd.exe attached to the reg backup. Hirens boot and windows repair disk has a mini windows xp with it and you can access it that way if you have only one OS but I think I think Microsoft consider it illegal.

#15 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

There is also backup coy of the registry hive store at "C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack" directory look at creation date those registry hives if the creation date older then when Windows start having problem you can use those registry hive to restore registry hive that are been use by Windows OS.

2GvnEq2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users