Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Games Crashing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Priestige

Priestige

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

I've been struggling with my computer consistently. I just bought and installed a new video card with its latest drivers, which I thought was the issue; nevertheless, my games (WoW/Diablo/Hearthstone) continue to crash, and I cannot find out why! Can you help me discover the issue? 

Here's some information about my computer:

Windows 7 Home Premium

6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

x64-based PC

AMD Phenom™ II X4 980 Processor, 3700 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

16.0 GB RAM

GEFORCE GTX 750Ti (New) or GTX 660 (I thought this video card needed replacement, but I'm still crashing.)

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

EDIT: I appear to have solved my issue, and I wanted to share my solution for others potentially having the same issue. I accessed my motherboard and discovered that it was in power saving mode. I changed this to the improved performance setting. I have not crashed as of yet. I assume this caused my video card to not draw sufficient power. I hope this helps!

Edited by Priestige, 11 July 2015 - 10:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

It sounds like you might have a driver problem.  Download the most recent drivers from nvidia.  Make sure they are 64bit.  Then boot into safe mode and uninstall the drivers.   Restart the machine and reinstall the drivers.  This should help a lot. 

Oh also you might see how big your power supply is.  Those am3s pulled a lot of juice. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users