Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Redstone (10.1)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Yep, we're already talking 10.1 already:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/7/8364355/microsoft-redstone-windows-updates

While Microsoft used the Windows Blue codename for Windows 8.1 and Threshold for Windows 10, the software giant is planning to use Redstone for its 2016 plans. Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the company is planning two updates to the core of Windows in 2016, one in the summer and one in fall. These updates will largely be designed for new hardware and devices that run Windows, and will be targeted at the Xbox, Surface Hub, phones, HoloLens, Microsoft Band, Office, and other products that rely on the core of Windows. Redstone is the codename for the updates and a reference to Minecraft, the game Microsoft acquired last year. The Redstone name was first revealed by Neowin.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

Windows 10.1. So they'll increase the version number that way it seems.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

Windows 10.1. So they'll increase the version number that way it seems.

But then again, what if they run out of version numbers?

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

You cannot really run out of version numbers. It can go as far as 10.999 if they want to.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

You could, but decimals don't work that way.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

It's not like there's any logic in some programs version number. Their logic comes from their author, and since Microsoft is behind Windows, they can change the version number as much as they want :P

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#7 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

I guess so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users