Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proscan android tablet frozen touchscreen - saving app data

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 disman00911

disman00911

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

Hello.

I have a relative who has a Proscan 8 inch android tablet. It was working properly. She accidentally dropped it and there is now a small crack on the lower right side of the tablet. Now the touchscreen is unresponsive and the tablet cannot turn off, even when pressing the power button for a long time. It just won't turn off.  I didn't think that a small crack could cause the whole tablet screen to be frozen.  I only thought that a major crack thought the whole screen could do that.

She got a Samsung Galaxy android tablet, but wanted to save her apps from the Proscan app. She assumed that the Google Play  server saved game and app progress from one tablet to another tablet. However, she has to start all over again from her google play apps when she reinstalled her apps.

My question is: How do I transfer android app data from the Proscan tablet to the Samsung tablet using a PC. I looked at all the Proscan tablet files and they are at around 5.34 GB total, but when I copy all the files to my desktop and put them in a folder, there is only about 156 MB total. I assumed that there were hidden files, like in an iPod, but I had "Show Hidden Files" checked on my PC. I can't find the location of the app data!

Please help me.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cybersa

cybersa

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

If you want to copy the android app data,you first need to root your proscan tablet.

Then only you can able to copy the android app data to your pc.

Also to put back to samsung,you need to your samsung tablet.

#3 disman00911

disman00911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

How am I suppose to root the Proscan tablet when the touchscreen is frozen?  I touch the screen and nothing happens.  I think I found a solution in getting an OTG USB cable and connecting a mouse to the proscan tablet, hoping that I could find a way to backup the wanted files.

#4 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

you can use kingo root I believe, as most of the rooting process it done on pc...If you have the usb cable for the tablet (required) then you can root it from there download it here

they call me te java mayster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users