Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Voodoo AntiMalware Have You Used It?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 timipz

timipz

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hello iv been away for a bit and have noticed Voodoo Anti Malware is on the download page if possible could someone with experience of this software briefly tell me their experience of it and is it worth installing.

From what iv been able to read about it it seems to be a pretty good idea in practice....Just a little info from someone familiar with it would be great.

Thank You For reading this post.

Timipz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

I think you meant VoodooShield :)

VS belongs to a category of software called anti-executable - basically it allows only executable files trusted by the user to run and prevents all other executables from launching, which most of the time are malware.

It is a good software to use, but can take quite a bit of learning if you are unfamiliar with anti-executable software in general.

#3 timipz

timipz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

Thank you yes you are right I ment voodoo shield I don't know where I got anti malware from...thank you for reply im not a very experienced user and find this site a source of very good info for me im so gratefull to the experienced users who take time to help people like me.

Thank you timi

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

It's probably because Zemana Anti-Malware is right below it. :)

You are welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

#5 timipz

timipz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

Thank you as for me as a low to moderate knowledge pc user the info I receive is invaluable to me I don't think il be installing voodoo shield just yet 12 months ago I would download anything and wonder why my pc was not working properly..im far more cautious now and its this site I have to thank for my now slightly increased user knowledge.

Thank you for reply Timipz

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

If you have not done so yet, you may want to read Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users