Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Kernal Power Event 41 Critical Crashes daily

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 traceyj

traceyj

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and on a daily basis the computer loses signal to the monitor . The event view is Kernal Power Event 41 Critical Crash.

The signal loss happened once a few years ago where I removed the video card and it worked again up until the last few months it has been getting progressively worse, so I got sick of removing the card, so I now find if I shut down the power, it comes good after a while.

Regards

Tracey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

So, let's have a look at this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

While waiting for a reply, please also provide this information (even though you're not reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

EDIT:  Presuming that this is a desktop system - check the video card to make sure that the video cooler is clean and free of dust/dirt/hairballs, and that the fan is functioning properly.  DO NOT TOUCH anything inside the case while it's plugged in, and don't touch anything without grounding yourself on the metal of the case if it's unplugged.  If the card is overheating you can get severely burned this way (I got 2nd degree burns doing this with a video card!).

Edited by usasma, 12 July 2015 - 06:08 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 traceyj

traceyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:23 AM

Attached File  Admin.zip   136.9KB   2 downloads

please find file attached from event viewer , regards

BSOD instructions coming

#4 traceyj

traceyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

Please find attached the Admin file from event viewer, I'll get onto the BSOD instructions.  Thanks and best regards

#5 traceyj

traceyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

Please find attachédAttached File  SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.zip.zip   56.49KB   4 downloadsAttached File  perfmon.zip.zip   162.45KB   2 downloads Sysnativefilecollectionapp.zip and Perfmon.zip

#6 traceyj

traceyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

Please find attachédattachicon.gifSysnativeBSODCollectionApp.zip.zipattachicon.gifperfmon.zip.zip Sysnativefilecollectionapp.zip and Perfmon.zip

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Lot's of networking errors in the Admin log just prior to each EventID 41 error - I'd suspect either software or hardware networking issues (not just network devices, but anything that's capable of connecting to the network).

You've zipped up the executable (the .exe file) not the file with reports.

After running the .exe file there will be a file in your Documents named SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Just upload that with your next post.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 traceyj

traceyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

Sorry about that, please now find the correct attachment.Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   186.86KB   1 downloads

Regards and many thanks

TraceyAttached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   186.86KB   1 downloads

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

Only 255 Windows Updates installed.  Most systems have 300 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Your UEFI/BIOS (version P1.20) dates from 2013.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

There are no errors listed in the WER section of MSINFO32.  If you are using a disk cleaning program (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting.

Beyond that, update all of your networking drivers (and all of the programs that use to access the web).

Then, if that doesn't fix it, try another networking device.  DO NOT purchase a new one unless you can return it for your money back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users