Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JustAPerson

JustAPerson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

I'm not quite sure if this is the right section to post this is, but my laptop is Windows 7. Recently I've been having trouble with my keyboard on my laptop (currently using an old laptop). Whenever I would have a browser such as chrome open I wouldn't be able to type at all, but do other things. For example, If I were to try and type R it would simply reload the page, T would open a new tab, and g would open up the (ctrl+f) function. I tried plugging in another keyboard in the usb slot, but the same problem occurred. Also, even when I'm not using a browser it doesn't seem to work (microsoft word, etc.). I'm not sure why this is happening, but I somehow I might have changed it when I was typing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:46 PM

If the keyboard problem only happens with chrome and not with other programs then problem is the chrome. Start chrome without add-ons to see if problem resolves if it does then one of the the add-ons is causing the problem.

Posted Image

#3 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:49 PM

Chrome seems to be receiving Ctrl as well as the letter for some reason.

Try Internet Explorer to see if it does it too.

Try reinstalling Chrome

Try uninstalling Chrome then using a registry cleaner like CCleaner, then install Chrome (just an idea)

Search online for your laptop model's drivers and see if there's a keyboard one (Only use the official website of your laptop's brand). Which model is it exactly? I may be able to find it for you.

You might need to just switch to Firefox or Opera.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users