Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bought A New Psu, But It Didnt Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 naeseth

naeseth

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:21 AM

Ok, My computer will not turn on at all. No lights, fans, beeps... nothing. I thought it was my PSU because I was running it a little high (about 320 on a 250 PSU) Anyway... I bought a new 350 PSU and installed it and am still having the same problem... wont turn on. The (new) PSU itself is the only thing that shows any sign of life... Any ideas?

btw: eMachines T4511, 768 Ram, 2.53ghz Pentium 4, Radeon X800 Pro graphics

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 8-bit

8-bit

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

Try taking out a few components and try again like any graphic, soundcards etc. Maybe the PSU isnt a high enough voltage.

#3 naeseth

naeseth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

Well if it helps, this is the PSU I installed:

ATX 350W Power Supply upgrade for Bestec ATX-250-12E, eMachines P/N: 1763, 1670, 100744.
-------------------------------
350watts maximum output
Voltage switch for 115/230V AC input
Certified by UL, CE, & FCC
Dimensions: 5.9 W x 3.4 H x 5.5 D - Inches
This Power Unit Has 4 Peripheral, 2 Floppy, 1 ATX connector, 1 ATX12V Connector

I will try to taking out a few things but cant imagine the PSU not having enough voltage.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

You've prolly cooked the mobo.
before that confirm that the power button switch connector is seated. Remove and reseat
Also confirm all other connections the same way. maybe a bit simple but things can get knocked loose.
also consider replace Ribbon and any original cable that may have overheated and failed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users