Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and keyboard freezing, nothing else affected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 magicflier

magicflier

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

My mouse and keyboard has started freezing lately. They both freeze, but my computer continues to run. It's really weird, but this needs to be fixed... Examples like when they freeze while I'm watching something on youtube, the video continues to run, or music continues to play, but I just can't continue my keyboard nor mouse anymore; because of this, I have to manually shut-down using the power button or restart button to restart my computer.

Operating System: Win7 64bit SP1

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

Ram: 8GB 668MHz

Motherboard: ASUSTeK P8P67-M PRO (LGA1155)

Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA) 1024MB

Keyboard: Logitech (USB)

Mouse: Logitech (USB)

I've read through various solutions, and this is what I've tried:

-> I checked my CPU temperature at time of freezing, it remains at around 49C

-> I updated USB ports, no changes

-> I removed all USB port updates and files, and freshly installed updates for my current mouse/keyboard

-> Cleaned and reinstalled video drivers and chipset using DISC that came with my motherboard

Anyone have any ideas what kind of error this is? This started around the time I received update files from the "System Automatic Updates", and when I installed Adobe Cloud. I doubt these are the direct causes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

Are they front panel USB ports or motherboard mounted ones? Maybe it's a dodgy front panel. Try making sure all internal wires are securely connected. I tried helping a friend fix a PC once and the top panel USB ports didn't work because the lead that plugged into them wasn't quite in there. Plugged it in firmly and they worked. Maybe yours are disconnecting because they aren't making contact properly.

I've had experiences with cheap front panels before. It was kind of my fault though. I tripped over the headphone cord when working on fixing something else. The force pulled the plug sideways and split the jack wide open. Brand new 2/3 day old front panel too.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

#3 magicflier

magicflier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:01 AM

Are they front panel USB ports or motherboard mounted ones? Maybe it's a dodgy front panel. Try making sure all internal wires are securely connected. I tried helping a friend fix a PC once and the top panel USB ports didn't work because the lead that plugged into them wasn't quite in there. Plugged it in firmly and they worked. Maybe yours are disconnecting because they aren't making contact properly.

I've had experiences with cheap front panels before. It was kind of my fault though. I tripped over the headphone cord when working on fixing something else. The force pulled the plug sideways and split the jack wide open. Brand new 2/3 day old front panel too.

The front panels were really dodgy, but plugging in the back game the same result. I double-checked that it was plugged in properly as well. Thank you for your reply nonetheless!

As for the solution...

It seems everything has turned out fine, and the freezing is completely gone.

After some help from posters from pctechbytes and CNET - for future readers, this is what I did:

- I replaced my mouse, because the usb cord of the mouse was worn out.
- I disable "Flash Hardware Acceleration"

I hope this will help anyone who'll get this issue in the future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users