Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Email Address

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dumper

dumper

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

hi some idiot who has got access to my computer or one with my email address in it has signed me in to a male only site and im getting up to 100 emails aday when i tried to get myself removed the site asked for my user name and password as i didnt set up the membership of the site i dont know them so i cannot get removed nor can i send an email asking for removal as it wont let me without the above info which i dont have HELP PLEASE ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY ive barred the emails but they stii go into delete file .im with wanadoo france and cannot find out from them how to change my email address and get rid of the old one .many thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drThumbs

drThumbs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

Go to the site in question. Look at the "Log-In" box; is there a Hyperlink that says "Forgot Your Password",
or words to that effect?
The password is connected to the e-ddress used to register.
Click the link, and follow the directions for sending a new password.
Then sign in with the new password, and delete your registration info.
As for the smeghead who signed you up, next time he leaves his car window open, take 4 cans of Barbasol and....

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

Those type of sites are bad about refusing even when you comply. You may have to create an account with Yahoo, google, hotmail,.. and change the email acount to the new throw away account.
That is if they will send you the password.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

lol thats a pretty rotten trick! what mail client do ytou use?
Google...Google.....browse..read

#5 dumper

dumper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:22 PM

hi snapper i dont know much about computers my email address is ******wanadoo.fr if thats the info you asked for .if i could find out who the b*****d was whos done this i would k*** the so and so the trouble he /she is giving me.

#6 mlurp

mlurp

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

If I might put IMHO on this. do as advised and leave the e-mail account you now have. Joining Yahoo.com or any of the 1,000 other free e-mail accounts. If this spam continues contact your ISP report to security or whom ever will listen.
It might take a little while to get out from under this crap but a new e-mail account is the start and let the old one know your unsubscribing by deleting your profile and any and all personel info A.S.A.P.
Good luck.... Prison isn't the way to get out of this situation. You might not like the entertainment they offer. Keep a cool mind and prevail.

Edited by mlurp, 20 July 2006 - 03:45 PM.

#7 dumper

dumper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:44 PM

many thanks for all help given problem now solved. just shows how careful you have to be keeping email addresses in your or anyother computer. once again thanks glad to have got rid of the problem.
dumper

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:20 PM

It is a good idea to have several E-mail addresses. One primary (preferably not tied to your ISP) for trusted friends, family, and associates; several secondary ones for any on-line activity such as registrating products, taking surveys, etc.. The latter addresses then can be simply deleted if they become bothersome with SPAM and other crud. With all the free E-mail services from Yahoo, MSN, Google and many others, these can be easily gotten and just as easily deleted.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users