I am helping a friend with a computer problem he is having and need some help. He is running a Hewlett Packard Envy Desktop Computer. It has 8 gigs of ram and a I7 quad core processor.
The computer functioned properly until after a Internet Explorer 11 update and has had nothing but troubles since.
The biggest trouble he is facing now is that his keyboard will not work. When I go to Device Manager I see two instances of a HID Compliant Keyboard (driver). I've always read that there should only be one instance. I uninstalled the second HID Keyboard driver and now if we don't restart, the keyboard will work. Once we restart the second keyboard driver is installed and you can't print again.
Here are some other things I've tried.
1) Uninstalled IE from add removed programs
2) Did a system restore back to before there was any problems.
3) Went into safe mode and the keyboard worked fine.
4) Went into Google Chrome and the same. No keyboard working until after I removed one of the drivers from device manager. Then it worked.
5) I can't delete one of the HID Compliant Keyboard drivers. Could I delete one in Safe Mode.
Any suggestions would sure be appreciated. The computer is just now out of warranty.