Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[WSCC] Windows System Control Center - A tool for powerusers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Hi everyone :)

A few months ago, I posted my list of favorite freewares in a thread on Sysnative, and it seems that one of them got a lot of attention since no one knew about it and they all fell in love right away with it, so since I have a bit of time right now I decided to create a thread introducing it here.

The program/tool (because you can either install it or use it as a portable application) is called WSCC, which is an acronym for Windows System Control Center. Here's its description:

WSCC is a free, portable program that allows you to install, update, execute and organize the utilities from various system utility suites. WSCC can install and update the supported utilities automatically. Alternatively, WSCC can use the http protocol to download and run the programs. WSCC is portable, installation is not required. Extract the content of the downloaded zip archive to any directory on your computer.

This edition of WSCC supports the following utility suites:

• Windows Sysinternals Suite (including support for Sysinternals Live service)
  • NirSoft Utilities
The setup packages are downloaded from the author's website!

Basically WSCC is provides an interface that allows you to download, update and launch tools from the Windows Sysinternals Suite and NirSoft Utilities. With this, you don't have to download a new version of a tool everytime you want to use it, since you can download them all at once and update them all at once as well. Since these tools are often used by powerusers, this application allows you to control them directly and also discover new ones you didn't know of before.

wscc_thumb.jpgwscc_updates.jpg

You can also customize the way the program works and where the tools are stored. Personally, I created a Sysinternals and NirSoft commandline tookit using WSCC (I can explain how to proceed if needed) and I use WSCC to look up new tools and keep them updated. I would say that for powerusers (or even standard users) it's one of the most interesting program to have since it allows you to use tools that can help you gain and maintain control on your system as well as manage it. It's also compatible on every version of Windows (from Windows XP to Windows 8, 64-bit support as well) and I'm sure Windows 10 will be officially supported as well as Sysinternals and NirSoft Utilities are made compatible with it.

WSCC Official Website

Sysinternals Suite Website
NirSoft Utilities Website

Hopefully you'll like it as much as I do :)

The product description and screenshots comes from the official website for WSCC, all rights belong to it: http://www.kls-soft.com/wscc/

Edited by Aura., 10 July 2015 - 01:39 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

Now that looks like what I was trying to do only somebody allready done it LOL

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic