Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What about Keys?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

I have my built tower which when I got had an illegal copy of 7, since rectified with new bought copy doubt chip is imprinted.  I have three LT's, my three year old Toshiba with OEM load which may have an imprinted CPU, One Acer about 5-6 years old also OEM load unsure of imprinted chip.  The mini Acer will stay XP for older stuff I have laying around, it has a tiny SSD fine for light stuff.  So three will end up on 10, just has me wondering how I will have to handle the variables.

Phil

Pardon me if this is redundant to another post!

Edited by OldPhil, 10 July 2015 - 10:06 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

If you have OEM licences on all your laptops, you'll be able to upgrade them to Windows 10 (except for the Windows XP one which doesn't benefit of the free upgrade). And I'm always confused when it comes to OEM licences but if you change your motherboard (and/or the hard drive), you won't be able to use it anymore.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,154 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

I am planning an SSD for the 7 Acer I better wait until that swap is done before I get 10 on it.  What about all others that want an SSD what will they have to put up with.  I am betting the phone assist at MS will be horrible for a very long time!!!!!!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users