Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

Just noticed this morning that a recommended update KB3035583 has appeared. Am I mistaken, or is this an update that has been previously marked as important. I was thinking that it had something to do with the Get 10 App and was considered Nagware.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards...............

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

Hi sikntired :)

The KB3035583 is the "Get Windows 10" app update. You don't have to install it if you don't want it. This update allows you to reserve your copy of Windows 10 so the upgrade will be downloaded on your computer as soon as it becomes available and from there you can choose when to install it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

There are a few KB updates for adding the Windows 10 nag. http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367377-how-remove-windows-10-upgrade-updates-windows-7-8-a.html I uninstalled all mine but it still shows in the taskbar but I don't have it showing.

Edited by Keithuk, 11 July 2015 - 07:15 PM.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

The KB3035583 is the one creating the GWX folder in System32 and therefore the "Get Windows 10" app. The others can be seen as prerequisites.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users