Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack? Facebook, and only facebook, says

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dburkhead

dburkhead

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

I attempt to log onto Facebook from one computer and get the following:

Your Computer Needs to Be Cleaned

1U2ftI0b2hV.png   It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We’ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.     Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware.

Followed by a button to "get started" which I have left strictly alone.

I can log in fine from other computers.

I've run Malwarebytes anti-malware which found no issues and scanned with Avast Free antivirus which also reported nothing.

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2015 - 09:49 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

It's a legit warning from Facebook... see this thread.

Once you downloaded the removal tool and let it run, Facebook will let you back in.

#3 dburkhead

dburkhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

Okay, so I went in to try to correct the problem and suddenly it just let me in.

Wierd thing was earlier this morning the problem was still there.  Then, on seeing the above and checking the other thread, I decided to move head only...no warning.  I hadn't done anything; it just went away.

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

Facebook is kinda iffy with this warning. I never got infected myself so I never had it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users