Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LOCKHUNTER

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 johnyjohn

johnyjohn

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

hi can some one help me please i downloaded bullguard but do not like it so uninstalled it but there is two files i cant get rid of downloaded lockhunter it could not unlock them or delete them any help welcome but please remember it has to be easy if pos as i am not very good at technical stuff ? thanks. johnyjohn

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2015 - 07:37 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

Hi johnyjohn :)

Which two files are you attempting to delete? What's their full name and location?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

hi it just says BULLGUARD it is in program files when i open it up it is full of files i can not delete them it says you need permission thanks 

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

Download the TakeOwnership Registry edit from the link below.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/ - At the bottom

Open the archive and execute "InstallTakeOwnership.reg" and accept to apply the modifications to the Registry. Once done, right-click on the two folders that you cannot delete and select Take Ownership in the context menu, then try to delete them.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

hi i know im a pane in the axxe put it only deleted some of them still left 25 files? than wont delete. thanks johnyjohn

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

Did you right-click on the Bullguard folder in C:\Program Files (x86), selected Take Ownership, waiting for the command to execute and then tried to delete the folder?

unite_blue.png

#7 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

hi yes just redone it as you said and there is 11 left it just flashes it wont run thanks.johnyjohn

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

It's normal for it to flash, it's the command prompt that quickly opens, run its commands and then close. If you try to delete the files individually, what is the error message? I'll make take ownership of the whole folder manually.

unite_blue.png

#9 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

hi it says cannot delete as the file or folder is open in another program. thanks. johnyjohn

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

Alright, that's different then. Boot in Safe Mode, then delete the files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#windows7

unite_blue.png

#11 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

hi sorry that did not work reset computer to normal mode tried to deleate again but said you require permission from administrators. sorry johnyjohn

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

Follow the instructions in the link below (To take ownership of a file or folder):

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753659.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

And follow the optional step 5 as well. Then try to delete the files.

unite_blue.png

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

In step 2 of Bullguard's uninstaller did you remove the check in the box for "Keep the settings"?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#14 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

hi i tryd to change it but it said bullguard stoped it. I am sorry but i am stopping for tea thanks for your help i will have to live with it on my computer so thanks for your help. johnyjohn

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

What do you mean by "Bullguard stopped it"?

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users