Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Terryreece

Terryreece

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

I believe I may have a virus . What is happening is when I click on an program I will get a pop up telling me that I need to download media manager . Also when ever I try to download an program to scan my laptop for malware I am able to get to the download and start the download but at the end the bar will start flashing in red telling me that the download was infected and the program was deleted . This problem happen 100% of the time now. Cannot download any software to help me scan for infection. This problem started 1 year or so so I had been using my work laptop but now Im back to fixing this laptop . When I came across your website I click on different links within your site and I had windows openning each time with programs I could buy to fix malware or other virus . Seems there is always another window openning with information I am looking for. But when I click it off my window I want is there. Then about 5 seconds later there will be a flash of the page I just click off of .

I am thinking if I can get past the download issue and be able to run a scan I might fix this virus. I do have AVG protecton but the virus will not allow me to turn it on. Dan virus urned it off. I also have windows defender that is useless to me now.

Window Vista 64

Thank you for your help .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

Hello,

Can you go to Safe Mode and try to download programs?

Can you use other computer and download programs, and then use programs on that laptop?

I will give you instructions for some removal programs, let me know if you can use them.

-----

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

§  Double-click SecurityCheck.exe

§  Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.

§  Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

--------

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Please download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from here.

§  Right click on KVRT.exe and select Run as Administrator.

§  Read the EULA, then select Accept.

§  Wait for Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to initialize.

§  In the main screen, select Change parameters, place a checkmark in System drive, then click OK.

§  Click Start scan.

§  Wait for Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to complete scanning.

§  When the scan is finished, select Neutralize all for all detected objects.

§  Close Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool when done.

Informe me if something is detected.

-------

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.

NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.

§  Double-click mbam-setup-2.x.x.xxxx.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

§  At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

o    Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

o    A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.

§  Click Finish.

§  On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link

§  After the update completes, on Settings tab, set under Detection and Protection next options: 

1. 'Scan for rootkits'

2. Non-Malware Protection, for 'PUP detections', check, 'Threat detections as malware' option.

§  Return to Dashboard, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.

§  A Threat Scan will begin.

§  When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.

§  In most cases, a restart will be required.

§  Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, than click on Yes.

If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:

§  On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link.

§  After the update completes, on Settings tab, set under Detection and Protection next options: 

1. 'Scan for rootkits'

2. Non-Malware Protection, for 'PUP detections', check, 'Threat detections as malware' option.

§  Return to Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.

§  A Threat Scan will begin.

§  When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.

§  In most cases, a restart will be required.

§  Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, than click on Yes.

§  After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.

§  Click on the History tab > Application Logs.

§  Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.

§  Click 'Export'.

§  Click 'Copy to Clipboard'

Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.

------

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

§  Close all open programs and internet browsers.

§  Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.

§  Click on Scan button.

§  When the scan has finished click on Clean button.

§  Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.

§  Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.

You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S0].txt as well

-----

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

§  Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.

§  Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".

§  The tool will open and start scanning your system.

§  Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.

§  On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.

§  Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users