Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Died - Need new one

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Robs2014

Robs2014

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

I have the HansG 27 inch monitor "HG281D", and it was working great. Then it would not turn on any more when pushing the power button, which to me sounds like the power board had a few bad Capacitors. I am looking for a new one to replace it and was looking for some suggestions. I am after a 27 inch monitor for doing some photoshop, and graphic work and of coarse surf web, etc.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

I have seen some very nice ASUS units, all sizes and resolutions at reasonable prices.

#3 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

I have had excellent luck with samsung monitors.  If you are gaming avoid most sips and ips panels because they have a slower refresh rate. You want a 2 second g2g if you are gaming if not then the times wont make much of a difference. 

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

I recently bought one of the BenQ monitor's for my son's gaming rig.  Even though this is a TN panel and not IPS I would say you couldn't tell if you didn't know it was TN .. This is the one I bought him it is beautiful and inexpensive.

They do have professional grade ones too.

#5 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

I have a 12 year old Samsung 1280x1024 and it still runs perfectly. I got it on Ebay for cheap a couple years ago for $35.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

I have a 12 year old Samsung 1280x1024 and it still runs perfectly. I got it on Ebay for cheap a couple years ago for $35.

Except the OP stated he was looking for a new one and some suggestions which you didn't offer up either one of.

Edited by YeahBleeping, 15 July 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#7 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

I was just backing up @blarg214's statement.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

Worth looking at the Iiyama range as well. I've been using one for a couple of years and I am really pleased with the colour rendition especially as I do quite a lot of graphics and photo work.

If you have the time a little research is always a good idea - look around Google for reviews. Since you are posting here it seems reasonable you have one to use and don't need a new monitor NOW !  Not like when my printer two back died on me.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users