Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AdwCleaner download

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 mrb5162

mrb5162

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

Hey why did this download in French and say it was from another computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:57 PM

Use the download link from Bleeping Computer...      HERE 

There are many language versions of AdwCleaner...

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#3 mrb5162

mrb5162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

So tell me, how can I get the english version then? My computer speaks mostly english. :) And my PC says it is coming from another computer, and so is blocking it. any ideas? I did use your link and it's still french. I have read that there is a fake version that scammers have managed to put out there, but it really only asks for money as far as I can tell. It doesn't really attack your computer. But my hacker wouldn't let it do that anyway. He's too protective. And clever.  I really need help with getting the right download. How come nobody in the whole google world knows about it except Bleeping Computer and CNet? There isn't even an Xplode website that I can find so I can be sure I'm getting something safe. Is there anything else I can use that comes as highly recommended?

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

I have just test downloaded from that link and the version is in English. Considering the amount of difficulty you have been having diagnosing your system, and the possibility malware may be interfering with your downloads, my best suggestion is that I could transfer your other topic to the Am I Infected forum for help to confirm if your system is compromised. If we take this course it would be important to follow the instructions there and not make further independent changes to your system, which could impede diagnosis.

Edited by Platypus, 10 July 2015 - 09:30 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 mrb5162

mrb5162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

Maybe that would be the best course of action. I keep thinking that if I try this or this it might work and I can forget about it, but I always seem to run into some sort of roadblock. Might be a good indication that something is wrong, huh. If you move it there for me what do I do next? Or should I just wait for help. I think I will sign off for the night right now (yes it's quite early, even here) and get started and spend the day working on it. So can I just check the Am I infected forum tomorrow?

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,849 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

I have moved your other topic into the Am I Infected forum - at this stage, especially if you are signing off now, just check the topic/forum when you return. I can't say how long a response is likely to take, as all help on the forums is from volunteers, and each helper has differing strengths and expertise and choose topics accordingly. I hope someone will pick up your topic fairly soon.

#7 mrb5162

mrb5162
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

Thank you Platypus. You've been very kind and I appreciate your help.

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,849 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:13 PM

You're welcome! And best of luck solving your problems.

#9 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:24 AM

Hey why did this download in French and say it was from another computer?

AdwCleaner

That ^ is, certainly, in English & not from another computer.

#10 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:04 AM

Personally I do not recommend downloading anything from CNET... who knows what PUP they shoved in alongside the legit program.

AdwCleaner has several mirrors - two trusted ones are Toolslib (which is the developer's website) and Bleeping Computer.

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

Toolslib 

...is where the cnet downlad takes you

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#12 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:00 AM

You said you were having trouble getting it from one source... there are several others.  Here is another

We've used download.com for years... 1st time I, personally, have ever heard anything negative said towards it nor ever had experience w/ it shoving anything unwanted along.... one takes what they were after & leaves the rest, no problem, no worries.

Only point being, there are lots of places to fetch Adwcleaner if someone, really, wants it.

Edited by Drew1903, 10 July 2015 - 04:03 AM.

#13 robby501

robby501

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:36 AM

Personally I do not recommend downloading anything from CNET... who knows what PUP they shoved in alongside the legit program.

AdwCleaner has several mirrors - two trusted ones are Toolslib (which is the developer's website) and Bleeping Computer.

:thumbsup2: Agreed! Had bad experiences myself downloading stuff from CNet ! A rogue/PUP-infested version of CCleaner caused me much grief many months back.

Can I ask your opinion of Softronic??

Does a list exist within these forums anywhere of software vendors to avoid at all cost when downloading stuff from the net?? If so, I'd love to see it!! 

Im a rookie and purely recreational pc user. Im utterly obsessed with security (even though I consider myself a safe and law-abiding internet user!) and run a combo of the following freeware security suites.....

Windows Defender/firewall

Regular scans with Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, JRT, HitmanPro

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

Also, the version on CNET is outdated. It shows 4.207, while the current version on BleepingComputer is 4.2.0.8. Every malware removal tools should be downloaded from either BleepingComputer or their official website if they have one (ToolsLib, Adlice Software, thisudax, etc.).

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#15 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:35 AM

Can anyone confirm this is the author website of adwcleaner? https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users