Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software...?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IdkWhat1mdoiNg

IdkWhat1mdoiNg

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

In the near future I'm going to build my own gaming pc from scratch. When I thought I had all the parts of my computer picked out and ready to go I realized I still need to get my operating system and all the software. I plan on using windows 7 home premium 64bit. Not sure what the difference is between pro and premium. Also the software. What basic software do I need to run basic applications and what software do you recommend I get on my pc. Also how do I get it? Do I just download the software? Since Ill be mostly gaming I'm guessing that I'll need specific gaming software that will allow me to run the programs better. What are they?
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/IdkWhat1mdoiNg/saved/#view=4czxFT
Give me feedback on parts I should maybe rethink.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

Windows 7 versions

You need Pro if you're planning on more than 16GB RAM, want to use Encrypted File System, backup to network, use remote desktop to connect, use off line files, or join a domain.  If none of those apply you can use Home Premium.

#3 IdkWhat1mdoiNg

IdkWhat1mdoiNg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

Can I just use external storage as my back up?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

Yes, you can probably use a network drive, just not using the built in Windows backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users