Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! Having trouble with subwoofer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

I am still trying to work on my PC Gaming setup and I want to connect my 2 PC speakers to my subwoofer but when I do so there is no sound from the sub. Here's what I have-
1 Insignia USB speakers.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B0XU1AA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1436493057&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=insignia+USB+speakers&dpPl=1&dpID=51HhzxBlBTL&ref=plSrch#immersive-view_1436493066564
2 Fostex SW-1.1 subwoofer.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/321693524651
3 Red, White and Yellow cable with AUX connector.
http://www.shopmadeinchina.com/product-image/4-Pin-3-5mm-Minijack-to-3-x-RCA-Composite-AV-Cable_12922087.shtml
4 Case Logic case that has 2 places to connect AUX cables to and can use more than 1 speaker at 1 time and has its own AUX cable inside it. (Don't know exact model).
Note that I don't have a receiver for my subwoofer which might be the problem but am not sure. Even when I try to connect it without speakers I get no sound. I can tell that the sub is working because when I touch the AUX cable with the 3 red, white and yellow connectors I can hear a deep sound coming from the sub. If anyone can offer a solution then please post it here because I find this necessary for PC gaming.
Update- I've found the speakers included with the subwoofer and I connected it to the sub but I get no sound from neither the sub nor the included speakers. The only thing that I get sound from is the insignia USB powered speakers. In case you're wondering what they look like here they are-
http://s614.photobucket.com/user/benkate/media/SANY0009.jpg.html
Based on what you all saw can any of you please give me an answer based on this info and all of these photos. Also please explain to me whether I need a receiver or whether I need a special cable to get sound to come of them because I want to not only have the included speakers connected but also I want to have my PC speakers connected. Any help will be appreciated and please post here.
Update 2- Sound comes out of the included speakers on the gameboy but not from the subwoofer but on my 3DS sound comes out from both the included speakers and the subwoofer but sound will come out of neither of them when I hook it up to my android phone or my gaming desktop. Can anyone please explain to me why this happens and how I can get it to also work on my phone and PC. Any help for me is necessary please.
Update 3- I tested it out on some other devices and it worked when I tested it out on my TV and it also worked on my I Pod. Also I notice that the subwoofer will only work if it hears deep and low sounds and will also work if I turn up the bass a little bit. I'm still trying to get it to work on my PC but it won't work. Also I'm trying to hook up the PC speakers to my subwoofer and I want sound from all 4 speakers and also the subwoofer itself. Just to let everyone know my PC has the Realtek HD Audio Manager for my MSI motherboard and every time I plug a speaker into it it'll ask me what kind of speaker I'm plugging in. Based on this info can anyone suggest something?
Update 4- The PC will now detect my Fostex speakers but it completely ignores my subwoofer.

Edited by POKEGAMERZ, 10 July 2015 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:31 PM

New update- Realtek HD Audio Manager has no 2.1 option and my Fostex speakers/subwoofer is a 2.1 speaker set that I am trying to configure on Realtek HD Audio Manager and I can't make it so that sound can come out of all 3 things. Once again it worked on my I-Pod but hopefully I can figure this out soon and also one thing to note is that these are the brown speaker wire speakers. Another good thing to note out is that the speakers/subwoofer make an irritating buzz noise that is very loud and annoying. I have a few questions-
1 Is this speaker system suitable for a PC?
2 Do I need a receiver to get this to work?
3 Does anyone recommend that I get a PCI sound card to help solve this problem?
Please give me a helpful response to these questions and post them here please.

Edited by POKEGAMERZ, 11 July 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#3 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

Problem solved. I bought a Logitech BT Adapter and I used it to create my own Bluetooth 4.1 Speaker system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users