Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Talk To A Human

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pdmike

pdmike

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

"Please listen carefully, as our menu options have been changed . . . "  Five minutes later, after listening carefully, you find out that there is no option to talk to an actual human - if you haven't selected it, you ain't gonna get it.  Do you hate this as much as I do?

Here is a cure for the problem.  It is a Web site titled "GetHuman."  All you do is put in the name of the company or business you want to contact, hit Search, and up pops one or more phone numbers for the outfit that actually get you through to a human!

http://gethuman.com/

I'm sure many of y'all know about this one already but, for those who do not, this makes a most handy addition to your Bookmarks or Favorites for the next time you don't want to have to deal with a frustrating and annoying menu.  :thumbsup2: 

Edited by pdmike, 09 July 2015 - 04:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:59 AM

Never heard of it before, but that's actually a really cool idea for a site. I bet they got lots of visitors.

#3 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:20 AM

That's what I like about godaddy.  They are real humans answering phones.  There is the intro computer thingy to direct your call to the right place, but usually a human is on the phone right away, speaking clearly and knowledgeably.  Not that there are no problems, but if a problem, 'who ya gonna call?'  Really helped me move my domains from yahoo hosting.  Worth the money.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#4 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

Wow...

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

Anyone remember when PCGamer mag used to print the name and phone number for every known computer related company in existance?  Or remember the downfall of PC Accellerator << that mag was Hands DOWN the best mag ever put out .. every article .. every little blurb was supremely edited by the writers.. out of all mag's ever printed for gaming/computing I miss that one the most.  I still have the printed mag with Tribes II cover art.. somewhere.. ahh the good ol days of no automated menu systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users