Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung NP-QX411L Problems

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dspiffy

dspiffy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575708/looking-for-a-windows-oem-iso-file-to-use-f-a-new-install/ - Hamluis.

Sorry to hijack this thread.  I've been searching the web and this thread is the most help I've found so far.

I have a Samsung NP-QX411L (or I, cant really tell) that my wife gave me as a valentines gift when we were dating.  I say that to explain, I either do not have or cannot find whatever came with the computer including documents and discs.  She swears I have them somewhere, I swear she never gave them to me.

Couple days ago I got a notification to update Flash and I did.  It then prompted me to restart and I did.  Rather than reboot, it now gives me an error and asks me to insert the Windows disc that came with the computer.

I have tried downloading and booting from:

A Windows 7 Home x32 repair disc.  It booted from the disc but could not find an OS

A Windows 7 Home x64 repair disc.  It wouldnt even boot

A Windows 7 Home Premium x86 disc that I believe I was able to find and burn as a result of this thread (iso ending in 996).  It booted from the disc but could not find an OS.

I am now looking for a Home Premium x64 ISO and am going to try that.  If I cant find one or that doesnt work then I am out of ideas.

I need the computer for work by Saturday.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 09 July 2015 - 03:58 PM.
Split, PM sent new OP - Hamluis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

Seems to me that the simple, direct approach would be to contact Samsung re replacement recovery disks.\

Louis

#3 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

Just making sure I am subscribed to the new thread.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

:thumbup2:

#5 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Seems to me that the simple, direct approach would be to contact Samsung re replacement recovery disks.\

Louis

I thought it was a Windows thing, not a Samsung thing.  I will try them.  Thanks!

#6 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

Called Samsumg, they needed a serial number that did not exist on the bottom of my computer.  I literally read them every single number on the bottom. "That's the part number for the actual bottom of the case, sir", etc.

They're sending me out the disc they think will work based on what I was able to give them, which was just my model number.  

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

Flash update does not require for you to restart your computer where did you get the flash update and notification from. Can you tell us if the Windows Operating System (OS) is booting normally and write down all error message displayed on the screen, there should be more then a just insert Windows OS disk error message.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#8 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

Windows does not boot at all.  I get an error code 0xc000000f.  Right now I have the hard drive pulled out of the laptop in order to copy it onto an external drive in case I need to wipe it.  Once it's done copying I can screenshot the error.

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,132 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Does the error message also say "The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors".  Have you change any setting in BIOS setup utility.

- Dalai Lama

#10 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

No I havent.  The only change I made recently was the Flash update, unless a Windows update happened in the background and I didnt notice.

The night before, I'd gotten the message that I'd gone a week without rebooting, so I rebooted, and closed it for the night.  The next morning I logged on and the above happened.

#11 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,132 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

Were the message correct about you have not shutdown your computer for week.  I'm asking these questions to find out if your computer is infected with malware, for now it does sound like your computer is infected with malware. Because you don't have Windows Installation Disk that you can use to start System Recovery Options there is not much any one can do to repair your computer problem. Also you can factory reset your computer by pressing F4 when the BIOS "Samsung" screen is showing. This will allow you to restore the original operating system from the recovery partition, if is there one. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz4p80_how-to-complete-restore-a-laptop-samsung-windows-7-youtube_tech

Edited by FreeBooter, 09 July 2015 - 06:44 PM.

- Dalai Lama

#12 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

It probably was correct, I often do not shut down my computer and then see that message.

I check for malware frequently and havent found any yet.

#13 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

Here is the full error:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows has failed to start.  A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.  To fix the problem:

1.  Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2.  Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."

3.  Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info:  An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

#14 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,132 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

The Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store looks like corrupted you need Windows Installation DVD to repair BCD store. 

Start System Recovery Options by selecting "Repair your computer" from Windows Installation DVD.

228356-system-recovery-options-in-window

Start the Startup Repair to automatically repair BCD store and other Windows boot errors.

If Startup Repair does not fix the BCD store then start Command Prompt type:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Above command completely rebuildes the Boot Configuration Data.

Edited by FreeBooter, 10 July 2015 - 10:41 PM.

- Dalai Lama

#15 dspiffy

dspiffy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

Tried the first thing.  It goes through the process then says "Failed to save startup changes" and asks me to do a "system restore", only it cant find an OS to restore.

Will try the second one today.  How do I get to a command prompt when it wont boot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users