Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What does this google toolbar do?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 puravida999

puravida999

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

Hello, does anyone know what this toolbar do? is legit? I dont recall downloading it

A8E1E5B.png

no virus or malware found in the last scan btw , thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

It's usual PUP bundled with programs like CCleaner or Avast Free Antivirus.

You can remove it via Programs and Features and AdwCleaner as Administrator.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

Hi puravida999 :)

This is the legitimate Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer. It's basically what you used to have years ago when you wanted to use Google as the default search engine. I doubt that AdwCleaner removes it since a lot of people actually use it. Uninstalling it normally via the Control Panel will do the job. It's often bundled with Adobe products if you download them from Internet Explorer.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 puravida999

puravida999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

What does it exactly do? is useful ?

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:44 PM

Well, it adds the Google Toolbar to Internet Explorer. If you open Internet Explorer and look at it, you'll see for yourself :) The biggest advantage is that it gives you access to a Google search bar so you can type your searches directly in it if Internet Explorer doesn't have Google.com already as its default search engine. It also contains quick links to some popular Google sites.

Edited by Aura., 09 July 2015 - 06:45 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users