Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal error C0000034 applying update operation 3 of 17085 (_00000...)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 marmas

marmas

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

Hello,

I am having the following issue: "Fatal error C0000034 applying update operation 3 of 17085 (_00000...)" after a few moments I get another error ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: 0xc0000135"

I have gone through all the options listed in various threads but have not had any luck. Here is what I have tried and the errors/messages displayed:

-Refresh your PC: There was a problem refreshing your PC. No changes were made.

-Automatic Repair: Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC.

-System Restore (tried 3 different restore points): System Restore failed while copying the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during the System Restore. (0x8007050)

-Ran dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but returned the following: Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option

-Ran dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions but returned the following: Error: 87 The cleanup-image option is unknown

-moved c:\Windows\WinSxS\pending.xml to pending.old. Now I don't get the "applying update" error but after about 30 sec goes to ":( Your PC ran into a problem" error and reboots.

I have very many files/pictures/videos that I just cannot lose. I am at wits end and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Mario

Dell Inspiron 660s (Intel Core i5)

Windows 8 64-bit

1TB HD, 8GB Ram

Edited by marmas, 09 July 2015 - 12:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

Make backups NOW of everything you can't lose! Use DVDs, external hard drives, thumb drives, whatever - just do it. Then we can talk about getting things fixed. It may not require a reformat and reload of everything but that would be the final step if nothing else works.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

You can copy your personal files to external storage device with Xcopy command copies files and directory trees.

When computer boots into WinRE environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Make sure your executing Dism.exe /image:D:\ /Cleanup-image  /RevertPendingActions command with correct Windows OS partition drive letter.

Can you remember name of the Windows updates.?

You can delete or rename downloaded Windows updates caches stored directory to stop installation of the updates type Ren  C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution   SoftwareDistribution.OLD

Does the computer showing blue screen screen with text on it.?

Edited by FreeBooter, 10 July 2015 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image

#4 marmas

marmas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for your replies.

Finally finished backing up all files (didn't realize how much was in there).

After trying Dism.exe /image:C:\ /Cleanup-image  /RevertPendingActions got the following error

Error: 87

The cleanup-image option is unknown.

I was able to rename SoftwareDistribution.

Still same issue.

Thanks

Edited by marmas, 15 July 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

If you have the installation disk and can boot from that, try to do a startup repair.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for your replies.

After trying Dism.exe /image:C:\ /Cleanup-image  /RevertPendingActions got the following error

Still same issue.

Thanks

The Error 87 indicates that the files have already been removed.

Is the Windows OS still getting fatal update error.

Is there a chance you could take screenshot of the error message with your phone.

Edited by FreeBooter, 16 July 2015 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#7 marmas

marmas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

If you have the installation disk and can boot from that, try to do a startup repair.

Dick

Tried that...same result.

#8 marmas

marmas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for your replies.

Still same issue.

Thanks

The Error 87 indicates that the files have already been removed.

Is the Windows OS still getting fatal update error.

Is there a chance you could take screenshot of the error message with your phone.

Nothing really changed. After trying to load with the following error shows up ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: 0xc0000135"

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

The error message usually application error when Windows saying its collecting information its  usually Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) has happened and Windows collecting BSOD memory dump files that's when it will say collecting some error information.  Do you see screen similar as picture below.

fixedbyvonnie-windows-8-blue-screen-of-d 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users