Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to make videos of pc games for showing on Youtube

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 victor7

victor7

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

I've started watching a few videos posted on youtube showing a game player playing the game and providing external discussions of what is going on.  I can make screenshots, but that's about it.

Suggestions as to software/hardware to get me into this as a hobby...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ratedgore

Ratedgore

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hi,

A long time ago when I was doing what your doing I was using Fraps. http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Thanks.

#3 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

Download Ezvid and then follow the instructions. Type in the title, description and all that and you can even choose music for your vid if you want to. If you want no music then select silent machine. To record click the capture screen button and then click advanced settings and enable microphone capture by clicking on microphone capture disabled and then click start advanced capture now and then record the vid. Make sure that when you're doing this you go to the game's settings and switch the game from full screen mode to windowed mode and this must be done before filming otherwise you will get the dreaded black screen when filming these gaming vids. Once you're done filming then hit the stop button then wait a few minutes. Once that's done then click upload to YouTube and then sign in with you're YouTube account and then choose low, medium or high quality and then wait a little bit longer for it to upload then you're all set. Tell me if this works and respond here and I have experience doing this because I made TF2 and COD AW game plays and I put them on YouTube. Also I recommend that you buy a headset because you will need it when filming these vids. I hope that this helps. Happy filming.

Edited by POKEGAMERZ, 09 July 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#4 victor7

victor7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

A long time ago when I was doing what your doing I was using Fraps. http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Thanks.

Thank you, I'll check it out.

#5 victor7

victor7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

Download Ezvid and then follow the instructions. Type in the title, description and all that and you can even choose music for your vid if you want to. If you want no music then select silent machine. To record click the capture screen button and then click advanced settings and enable microphone capture by clicking on microphone capture disabled and then click start advanced capture now and then record the vid. Make sure that when you're doing this you go to the game's settings and switch the game from full screen mode to windowed mode and this must be done before filming otherwise you will get the dreaded black screen when filming these gaming vids. Once you're done filming then hit the stop button then wait a few minutes. Once that's done then click upload to YouTube and then sign in with you're YouTube account and then choose low, medium or high quality and then wait a little bit longer for it to upload then you're all set. Tell me if this works and respond here and I have experience doing this because I made TF2 and COD AW game plays and I put them on YouTube. Also I recommend that you buy a headset because you will need it when filming these vids. I hope that this helps. Happy filming.

Ok!  I'll get in a game when I get back home and have a little time to play with it.  Your instructions were most helpful.  I particularly like that you gave full directions without either assuming I knew more than I do know or assuming that I am just a simpleton (which might be more accurate).  Thanks.

#6 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

Ok!  I'll get in a game when I get back home and have a little time to play with it.  Your instructions were most helpful.  I particularly like that you gave full directions without either assuming I knew more than I do know or assuming that I am just a simpleton (which might be more accurate).  Thanks.
Did you succeed in your mission to create gaming vids?

#7 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

I make YouTube Videos and I'm very pleased with Bandicam. The free version has a 10 minutes limit per video and a small watermark on top of the screen. I'm using the paid version because I think it's worth it !

Review and Tutorial with Video : Screen and Game Recorder review Bandicam

OTT

Edited by O.T.T., 12 July 2015 - 11:07 AM.

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

#8 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

I make YouTube Videos and I'm very pleased with Bandicam. The free version has a 10 minutes limit per video and a small watermark on top of the screen. I'm using the paid version because I think it's worth it !

Review and Tutorial with Video : Screen and Game Recorder review Bandicam

OTT

I prefer Ezvid over Bandicam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users