Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All server Hard Drives Including Back Up dives have no file system (NTF)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 coolbotic

coolbotic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

A local business has a computer that was being used a server that had a total of 3 HHD hard drives in it and the filing NTF system appears to have been wiped but the is still a old FAT system was left on one of the drives moreover the partitions and still there. Also when going through a external back-up drive that was not directly connected to the computer but to the network and has the same problem on one of the drives and the other was dead.

We are mainly trying to recovery all the files that were lost but also if possible the cause of the problem for example a virus or hacking or mechanical so this problem will not occur again !

Thanks James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hi James,

Thank you for your patience. Since there is no clear or compelling evidence this is malware related I believe you might be better served in the Forum focused on your Operating System. I am not sure that is the best place to start but with the limited information you have posted at least you can begin there.

Sorry for the delay, we are quite busy these days.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

#3 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users