Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

want to install windows 7 from a link

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 mary126

mary126

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:49 AM

hey guys,

i currently use windows xp and as it isnt officially supported anymore i got myself a windows 7 download link (im pretty sure its legal, a friend gave it to me).

okay, the point is that i dont know how to istall it. i donwloaded mu-torrent to kinda download the "disk-file" and now i tried to run it via UltraIOS. but when i open the autostart file, just a test file pops up ._.

[AutoRun.Amd64]
open=setup.exe
icon=setup.exe,0

[AutoRun]
open=sources\sperr32.exe x64
icon=sources\sperr32.exe,0

and when i try to run "setup.exe" nothing happenes.

hope somebody can help me! i attached two screenshots of both programmes i mentiones above. they are german(the computer i need help with is not mine), sorry about that!

well, have a nice day and thanks in advance for helping me!

yours mary126

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

Hi mary126 :)

From what I read so far, I doubt that this Windows 7 .iso is legitimate. Do you have a product key for it or not?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

The second image shows that this ISO is a torrent which makes this an illegal copy of Windows.  Below is one of Bleeping Computer's forum rules.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

Because of this members here cannot help you with this.

The only legal ISO download for Windows 7 is only available from Microsoft.  In order to download this you will have to own a retail version of this operating system and have its COA product code.  You will have to enter the product code and have it recognized by Microsoft before you can download the ISO file.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

As said above, we cannot/will not help you illegally obtain software, which is what you are trying to do here. You will need to purchase a retail copy of windows 7 or 8.1 in order to install it and use it properly. Please also note that Pirate/illegal copies of windows can contain malware out of the box which can in some cases steal sensitive information.

Due to the above this topic is now closed.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users