Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turbo core on AMD processor causing overheating during gameplay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Voltage56

Voltage56

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

The turbo core on my AMD processor keeps turning on when I start up my computer, but I disable it everytime using AMD overdrive, my problem and question is how can I disable it permanently because it is overheating my computers and it is a pain to keep disabling it on every start up. Someone have an answer to this?

Speccy Results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41wfzh3sttyt84p/Speccy%20Results.speccy?dl=0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

That won't help anything. You need to take care of the overheating issue and do maintenance cleaning on it and inspect fans and clean the heatsink, reapply themal compound etc.

#3 Voltage56

Voltage56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

Yes it will help because nothing is wrong with the CPU it is the turbo core thing that keeps turning on at every start up that causes overheating when playing some games.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

Google Results

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users