Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

docs 'files wont open

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wickerman

wickerman

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Good Afternoon.  I am on windows 7 and internet explorer, I have just gone to my documents and found that I cant; open any of them.

I just keep getting this (see attachment0. and I don't know what to do with it.  can anyone help. please.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

Hi wickerman :)

Does it happens only with PDF (.pdf) files, or other files as well: Word, Excel, etc.?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Morning Aura thanks once again for coming to my aid. I have just tried again. Right clicked on the folder and then properties and it tells me it is in PDF form.

that's opening it with IE.  I still get the same result.do you know what this is .

#4 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:21 AM

Have you try with adobe pdf reader. if not then try to install adobe pdf reader its free for use. and open pdf file easily. If you are using Mozilla Firefox browser then also view pdf file in Firefox browser

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

Do you have Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat, SumatraPDF, Foxit PDF Reader, or any other PDF reader program installed?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Thanks once again Aura. I downloaded Adobe pdf  reader and everything is great all files open

ten out of ten.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,544 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

No problem wickerman, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users