Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Just giving Error 16 on startup

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pankz35000

pankz35000

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Attached File  Ah__4146XxDmMCP6Fl_wB9JcE3W_-qJYH2T3eBQX62Gq.jpg   68.44KB   1 downloads

hey guys, i have samsung laptop RV515 , its only giving error 16 on screen whenever i start my computer getting no option to do anything but only error 16 , my recent activities are .... i installed android x 86 in it it installed successfully n worked 

the only thing it shows is error 16  n whenever i restart its says system resuming...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pankz35000

pankz35000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

Please guys i beg u to help me.....i eally need my computer :(     

HELP:ASAP

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:46 PM

Please have patience with us.  I have a job, a family, pets, and a house to take care of.

This is a strange error and will take a lot of work for us to help you fix it.

If you can't wait, I'd suggest taking it to a shop where they will help you right away.

Try tapping F2, F4, F10, or F12 at the system resuming message

If it let's you pick your hard drive, select it and see what it does.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 pankz35000

pankz35000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

sir i tried tapping the above buttons but it did nothing......just Error 16

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

What operating system are you using (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10)?

Lot's of posts regarding errors in your Samsung due to Android software:  https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+error+16&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Ensure that nothing is plugged into the system via the USB ports.

Force a reboot at least 3 times - you're trying to get into the repair functions (if using Win8 or higher)

If unable to get into Windows, can you boot from a bootable disk (if using Win7)?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 pankz35000

pankz35000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

sir i am using windows 8.......i am not able to get to any boot menu or to get boot up from a cd.....its just showing Error 16

#7 Richardolga

Richardolga

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

Please remove Internet connection while rebooting your system.

#8 pankz35000

pankz35000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:36 AM

sir this is also not working

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:36 AM

Have you tried removing the battery and the power cord -then holding down the power button for 30 seconds?

Then put the battery and the power cord back and attempt to start

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest that you post over in the hardware forums for some more expert advice:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,283 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

If you installed Android, most likely you messed up your boot loader. Were you trying to dual boot Android with Windows 8? There is an error 16 that is grub related, grub being the linux boot loader. Android is based on the linux kernel. Error 16 in linux means Inconsistent filesystem structure.

I think your best bet would be to recover all your personal data and do a clean install of Windows 8.1. If your computer came with 8 then your key is embedded in firmware. The OS will automatically activate.

Edit: You may want to ask in the linux forum. They may be able to help recovering the grub boot loader. There is a Boot Repair disk you can download and boot. It will try and automatically repair your boot loader but I am not sure it would work if your error 16 is a problem with the filesystem.

And you have the problem of your HDD being GPT. That complicates matters further for recovery.

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 July 2015 - 01:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users