Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Security Center has gone rogue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fake_name

Fake_name

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

It appears my Security Center has been taken over. I think it was done via remote access. I do not use remote access and Im a stickler about this and have on many occasions checked to assure this option was off. First off I use Hiren's Boot mit as well come out early and im aware of the bad taste it may leave in your mouth. With that being said it started too happen a few months back while using windows media player. My computer began acting slow and then Explorer was constantly crashing especily when trying to access the my documents tab. Ive been running in safe mode since then. I made an ISO backup becuase Ive been so worried of losing my media. I just stepped on th divorce team and tryin to save my marriage, well the good media of it anyways. Also my restore points system has been disabed. Ive used pretty much ran every program and removed well over 100 supposed virus's as well as ran the uninstallers. Now my computer "appears" to run good until I attempt to tinker with it. (the gut feeling someone is it.) Ive noticed I cannot recieve any windows updates and now my Security Center states that its off as well as my firewall being disabled. I went into sys32 and all users except "Trusted installer" only have authourity to read. Im not sure if thats correct or not. Anyways your help would be great. I downloaded the full version of Panda Global security and it worked for a few minutes. this also killed Malewarebytes, Kaspersky, Suprantispywhere, Bit, AVG, AVIS, etc.

Edited by hamluis, 08 July 2015 - 08:09 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fake_name

Fake_name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

I have internet access but only until I attempt to download certain files at which time it redircts and does not allow it. I can access microsoft until I search my problem and it blocks it (address bar briefly says blocked) redirects me to what i presume is a fake microsoft page. It was extremly hard to download the uninstaller for malwarebytes. I used combofix and I was hesitent in doing so. Problem was when I did it a security antivirus that I uninstalled was silently running and I think I lost some important media/data. Shoud have paid attention to the "DO NOT USE LABELS POSTED EVERYWERE

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

Please follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html  and post the requested logs, along with your ComboFix log, as a new topic in the forum which contains the Preparation Guide.  Do not post any of the requested logs here.

Once you have created your new topic and posted it, copy the URL/link...and then come back to this topic and post same.  Shortly thereafter, this topic will be closed to avoid confusion.

Louis

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

Hi Fake Name... can you do step 6 of the Preparation guide above and add it to your new topic here...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582197/lost-control-of-my-computer-security-centerfirewll-are-off-remote-is-on/

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 July 2015 - 04:28 PM.
Fix link. ~ OB

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users