Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection constantly getting limited + Comodo bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

This problem began couple months ago and it's getting on my nerves. I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro N x64 (genuine) and my problem is that my connection is dead every 10 minutes . I checked out my system with FRST and there was no active infection . Other thing is that Comodo is constantly getting buggy if i want to disable it i get the popup but it at same moment dissappears. Any help is appreciated !

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 08 July 2015 - 06:50 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to 'Networking'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

**BUMP**

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,288 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

With regards to your disconnection problem I would consider it likely to be a problem either with your router/modem or your ISP. If your ISP supplied the router then take the whole problem up with them. If the router is yours then I suggest trying a different one - perhaps borrow one - to see if that clears the problem. If it doesn't, then it is a connection problem and that is firmly in the hands of your ISP.

For Comodo, I would suggest that you fully uninstall it and then re-install it, if you wish to carry on using it. Otherwise i would suggest fully uninstalling it and then using the built in Windows firewall which is perfectly effective.

Finally, you 'bumped' this topic two hours after your first post. This is a ridiculously short period of time considering that this is an international forum with a world wide membership. You have to give people time to even see your post. I used to route through the former Yugoslavia when I was a haulage driver and it would take me between three and four days to get from Scotland to Bosnia-Herzegovina !  It is fair enough to 'bump' a topic after three or four days without a reply, but not as quickly as you did.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 08 July 2015 - 07:04 PM.
Typing !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users