Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why parent restrict kids from playing games?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:11 AM

I don't get why  parent restrict kid from playing games, my parent always restrict me from playing games and i get sick of tired of it!

I tried to show them this video below to my parent, and they wasn't pleased, and they told me to go out and start playing baseball or basketball. Well, flush baseball and basketball.

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 08 July 2015 - 03:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

Because video games in general are very addictive, and sitting for a long time in front of a computer or TV screen isn't good for your health. :)

Not to mention that some PC games tend to be the source of malware infections, but that's only a small piece of the pie.

When I was young my parents restricted me from playing too, but now they don't care if I play as long as I get things done. There is a lot more to the world than just games anyway... :lol:

#3 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:09 AM

I don't get why  parent restrict kid from playing games, my parent always restrict me from playing games and i get sick of tired of it!

Depends on your age. As you get older, your parents will care less and then let you play for longer. Having other hobbies which you do often, if you do not already, may perhaps persuade them to reduce the restriction a little too.

It sometimes comes down to the fact that your parents may not have grown up with video games, and instead were outside playing games. Not growing up playing video games means you are less likely to understand why another person would want to play them and instead say they should do what they did as they growing up.

Video games have also got a lot of bad press from those who want to make something that sells, and parents may end up believing a major news source over a YouTube video or what you tell them.

Video games sure can be addictive to some people, but a lot of things which reward you can be considered addictive :) When it becomes a problem is when you cannot live properly without your video games.

Perhaps ask your parents why they restrict you from video games?

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#4 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

Hi,

it's not just about them not wanting you to play.. It's also about your general welfare.. Growing up is the time in which your body changes the most and in which you most easily develop agility and coordination. So it's only normal that they will want you to go outside and play basketball and/or baseball since this will help you to develop things that you will literally need every day: hand to eye coordination, balance, body coordination, orientation, stamina, posture, etc. Not to mention that you'll be outside, getting some sun (or rain :P), building up your immune system, etc..
In addition to developing social skills from playing in a group and interacting with a group.. Though that is something you can (but necessarily always do) also develop with multiplayer games.
Besides spending too much time in front of a screen can have negative effect on your eyesight and posture. So I wouldn't recommend doing "just that" all day anyways.

Too much of one thing is never good. If all you do is play video games, they are right to restrict it and suggest you to also do other things. Why not try out a sport or spend some time with your friens (or dog or alone) exploring the neighbourhood. It's good for you and it can be fun. Your parents are trying to find a balance between what's good for you and what you enjoy. So they allow you to play computer games, but also want to see you go outside.

regards
myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

My parents set a time limit so it isn't as addicting as if you were allowed to play as much as you want.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users