Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BRAND NEW DELL BATTERY FAILURE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deethomasssss

deethomasssss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:54 AM

I bought a dell laptop at 9:35pm tonight. I brought it home 

Set it up and before it was 1:00am it said

"Permanent battery damage the batter needs to be

Replaced. System will power off when not connected

To ac charger"

What do i do? What is wrong? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:49 AM

Its looks like that your battery has powere issue you should be replaced your battery as soon as possible. As you told that you bought laptop just one day before so it will be in warranty. If you get laptop from online then send back to seller or ask to change battery

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

Hello deethomassss, and welcome -

"snip"

"Permanent battery damage the batter needs to be

Replaced. System will power off when not connected

To ac charger"

What do i do? What is wrong? 

If what you have posted is correct, then you have either "depleted" (flattened) your battery charge, or you have faulty readings from the battery..

Have you recharged it yet ? or are you working with it plugged into an AC power source ??

Did you fully charge the battery first (usually 24hours), or did you just "think" that the battery would be charged when you picked up the computer ??

If you were you using the computer on battery from the time you picked it up, it would only last for (about) 2 or 3 hours at best -

Thank You ..

EDIT - Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__view__findpost__p__1797792     <<How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only Copy / Paste the link)

Edited by noknojon, 08 July 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hello -

It looks like you fixed your problem (please tell us how) and we can stop watching it ..

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users