Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't unistall Java update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:04 PM

After reviewing the security issues with Java I want to remove it but when I go to Control Panel (I'm running Vista on a XPS 410 desktop), I get this message that "another program is being installed, wait for it to be completed." I'm not installing anything and I've gotten that message for 2 days. 

I never wanted Java but I'm an amazon seller and the list and scan feature for the dymo printer we need to print labels for merchandise uses Java. I had found from reading posts all over the internet that that program often doesn't work and it certainly doesn't work for me. I print the labels with my own system.

Nontheless, I should be able to uninstall Java and find it very annoying that I keep getting that error message.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

Try using Revo Uninstaller.

It can really help with removing stubborn applications.

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:04 AM

This is the first time I've ever had this problem in years. Same thing happens with CCleaner.  If this were a continuing issue, I would buy the software but I don't like free trials because they ask for your credit card often and then you find yourself getting billed. I was thinking I could go into the Registry and remove all instances of Java but I'm worried that it's married to other programs and might disrupt something major.  I have heard so many bad things about Java that I'm mad at myself for installing it in the first place.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

Revo is very safe... it is a highly recommended application. No credit card is required to use it. In fact it is only a trial as a constant monitor application. (as it can monitor installs as well for extremely thorough removal at a later date) If you uninstall it and then re-install it again the trial will begin again. :thumbup2: (or if you uninstall it is is just quite simply... uninstalled.) It is free to use as a tool in your situation.

It would not be available for download on BleepingComputer if this was not so.

I do understand the BS that some less reputable companies put on their customers with these "trials", but I can assure you this is not the case here.

Edited by TsVk!, 08 July 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:30 AM

Just thinking about your... "another program is being installed" message.

This sounds like Windows Installer is having an issue... to get around this. (and hopefully fix it)

1. From Start menu run services.msc
  2. Find WindowsInstaller from the services list.
  3. If you see it is started and set to automatic, disable it.
  4. Re-start your pc.
  5. Again go to services.msc.
  6. Set WindowsInstaller to start as "Manual".
  7. Now do your other un-installations.

On restart this problem should not re-occur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users