Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Components Not Performing well.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buggawolf

buggawolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

I'll attach my dxdiag so you guys can check out what I have.

I just put in a new MoBo, a Z97 Gaming 7.  New Processor, i7 4790k, New GPU Geforce GTX 970.  I did this mainly so I could try streaming league of legends efficiently.  However, even my in game FPS isn't stable when I am not attempting to stream.  It seems like the computer doesn't perform well when I try to  use two monitors.  When I do try to stream (using Xsplit) my game FPS is horrible, the stream quality is horrible.  Overall things aren't as they should be fore the level of hardware I just spent a lot of money on.

This info may not be specific enough, but let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:01 AM

Can you provide us a speccy link. How to speccy.

Okay .. first.. I don't do streaming but after a bit of research it looks like you may want a total of 3 Hard drives. 1 SSD for the OS

2 Data Drive for the game installations

3 Data Drive for the video data (personally I would go with a 10k RPM) (or Maybe benefit from WD Red)

If you are encoding to the same drive your playing from then this would be putting a lot of thrashing onto that one drive.

Some have said that xsplit isn't that good on it's own and maybe you want to use shadowplay or DxTory

Sounds like your issue maybe a combination of software and hardware

Edited by YeahBleeping, 08 July 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#3 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

I was trying to use PCSX2 on my new PC with great specs and it was slower than my laptop and pretty much unplayable. I found out it was in software mode not hardware mode. This taught me to always check setups and settings. Not sure how much this advice can help you, but keep it in mind.

Did you reuse an old power supply? It's probably best to avoid this. I just replaced my Ultra X-Finity "600W" PSU with a brand new EVGA. I have quite a hungry system, and while 600W should handle it, it's a prehistoric PSU, so has probably degraded and lost power.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users