Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

P2P Karen N7514JV camera Issue.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mejj06

mejj06

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:02 PM

Hello,

I have setup my camare without any problem. But after some time I am not able to connect to the camera from outside. I am using the SYSM Monitor tool this vendor offer to connect to the camera but now the software is leaving me on connecting but no video is showed.

I have also issues with the P2P Plug In app they offer for my android but sometime works. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. I have contacted the vendor but because I purchase it from a distribuitor they don't want me to provide support.

Does anyone knows if this kind of camera can be change to P2P provider??

thank you for your comments and help.

-Mejj06

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

Is this some type of surveilence cam? And one is trying to connect to this cam from other than the network it is connected to?

Or am I totally off-base?

How's about system setup (PC innards)

Cam make/model

Support or vendor site for said cam

Thanks

Edit: Sorry; didn't see the OP date.... :)

Edited by bludgard, 12 July 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#3 mejj06

mejj06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

Hello Bludgard,

Yes this is a P2P Camera. The vendor is CSST the model is Kare N7514. The main issues I have is that the software this vendor is using is not realiable. Some times works sometimes is down. Recording is also and issue the phone App allows you to use a NAS but it does not let you configure it, so when the SD card is full backup does not work.

I am trying to find an alternative way to control this camera. I know P2P helps a lot to avoid using DDNS and port forwarding on your router, but i rather prefer to use them to use the vendor server for P2P.

Thank you for yor comments,

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

I get it. There are a lot of vendors selling cams and using the same apps (software) to connect to/control the cams sold. We have tried many of the apps available for several P2P/IP cams on the market. The issue (as I see it) is that none of these companies are in it to develop, support or write software for their specific device: Instead just use generic hardware as well as available apps. These app servers are sorely overwhelmed and cannot support the bandwith of connecting clients.

If possible: One can try to go into cam settings and disable alternate streaming, lower resolution settings and any redundancy features: This will help on bandwidth demands and SD card storage.

Saving a few dollars on cams that will be controlled/connected to remotely has proven (in most cases) an exercise in futility for myself as well as some of our clients. These "budget" device manufacturers are in for sales... bottom line. One has no doubt gotten a whiff of this when seeking support from vendor.

Regretful that I do not feel confident that this issue can be resolved with a simple answer. In our experience, even using static IP, port forwarding and other AP settings has not helped much in remote connections. Not saying it will not or cannot work: Just that (unless one gets lucky), there will be a lot of time, effort and frustration spent on getting that bleeping thing to do what you wish.

We do hope there has been some light shed on this and one has a better idea of what one is dealing with.

One fairly reliable solution to connect remotely is to employ TeamViewer (or similar) to connect to a PC on the network of cam (or a PC the cam is directly connected to).

Have a good one and if there is anything else I can help with; just keep posting. LOL

:)

Edited by bludgard, 14 July 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

I am a little confused by the topology of your interface.  Are you using the security company to 'upload or stream your video to' and then use their online services to view your feed?  If yes that doesn't sound very secure for you.  I used to work at a location with 65 IP cameras.  We did NOT use remote viewing on phone though I am sure we could have set it up that way.  You would need a web service for video stream-This is the way we did it.

IP camera to Multiplexor to H264 Video Encoder to DVR to Windows Server (backup) We then used proprietary software to view the live feed from the DVRs (in our case 4 for 64 cameras)

I am thinking your topology would need to be like this:

IP camera to H264 Video encoder to DVR to Network stream You may want to look into a program called Open Broadcaster.  I am sorry I won't be able to really help you set this up.  This is just an idea of a solution for you.  I know there are some apps that allow you to connect an iphone to the video feed of a stream when connected to the same wifi.  But this will be limited to your bandwidth limitations of your LAN and WiFI connection/speed.

Good Luck !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users