Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

beepingranny's against malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beepingranny

beepingranny

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

Hello fellow users. I have joined up with this site in the hope that it will help me in dealing with invaders of my computer that are annoying and sometimes downright debilitating.

I am an older(50's), self taught user and although I have 3 adult (well, in their 20's), offspring that are extremely computer literate, the girl spends half her life on facebook, and the boys on gaming, my problems are far far beneath them and unless it's a direct threat to their usage, I don't get a lot of assistance from them.  so I would like to be a bit more independent and be able to deal with my 'issues' without having to ask them for help.  I look forward to being a member of this community, so, greetings all, good to be here.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

There are a few free program that would help you out, Malewarebytes, Malwarebytes anti exploit SuperAntispyware.  All are available her in the down load section, use the pull down menu in the down load section and set it by name it is easier to find things.  Uncheck any trial boxes.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users