Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I Cannot Connect To The Internet On My Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sammantha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:26 AM

Hi, I really hope someone can help me.

I have a wireless internet connection at home and was using the Internet fine up until a couple of days ago. Now, whenever I try to view a webpage I get the "page cannot be displayed" error page, my messenger services cannot log on either so I'm assuming I have no Internet connection. However, all the other computers and the laptop in the network are working fine (hence me being able to post this). My computer says that it has a "Very Good" connection to the network and I don't see anything wrong. I have tried rebooting several times, repairing the connection, disconnecting and reconnecting but nothing seems to work.

Please does someone know what could possibly have happened? It is very frustrating having to borrow someone elses computer just to view my emails etc.

Thanks in advance, sammantha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike Patel

Mike Patel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Are you able to Ping you router?

go to "Start" and click on run
Type in "CMD" wihtout the " " in the box and hit run, then in the window type in Ping and then your routers IP address. so it would look like this:
ping or ping

Try that and then post back and we will see what eles we can do about it.

#3 Vickster3659

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

Hi! I'm having this same problem with my daughters' computer, so please forgive the intrusion! I would like to follow this topic to see if we can get her straightened out.
Vickster3659 :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users