Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem installing HP 110a Photosmart Printer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Friarbarb

Friarbarb

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

I'm having trouble installing the driver software for an HP 110a printer. I've downloaded the drivers from HP, followed the install instructions, but as the HP installation window is displaying the progress the window disappears and the install is never finished.

I've downloaded the HP troubleshooting program but that didn't help either.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and the printer is connected via usb to my laptop.

Thanks for any help.

Robert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

Without the installation disk that came with the printer (along with a load of bloatware) you'll a start up test.  Connect the printer, with the PC started already. Start the printer.  The OS should start the search process and you can direct it to find the correct drivers on the internet.  This allows the correct drivers minus the bloatware.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

Some printers you can setup entirely just using the WPS buttons. Others you can setup entirely through it's little lcd screen and scan for networks. Once you find the network enter in the WPA2 password and the way you go. The printer has it's own web interface. After that you can scan for network wifi printers in windows and also go to the printers web interface typing it's IP address in your browser. Lastly, some printers you must setup first with a USB cable to go through it's setup process to get wireless up and running. With all that said your drivers that came with it are likely outdated and bugged. From what I gathered on reading forums others had the exact problems and downloaded the better software and drivers. http://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/HP-Photosmart-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---D1/4023244/model/4023245/drivers You can find manuals there too I am sure in pdf format.

#4 Friarbarb

Friarbarb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the replay. I did do the "plug and play" install also. The Windows driver install window shows 5-6 things related to the HP printer being installed, but does not complete the install as Windows is unable to locate the drivers.

Windows then prompted me to download the driver from the HP site.

So, I download the HP Download and Installation Assistant (what HP recommends)

Once downloaded, I install the Assist program;

The program "checks system", I select Allow HP Processes, I accept install agreements and then the Install Assist Program starts to download updates and then stops. The Install Assistance window just disappears.

Thanks again,

Robert

Edited by Friarbarb, 07 July 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#5 Friarbarb

Friarbarb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

Well, I finally got the driver/software to load properly. I found a thread on the internet regarding the same problem. This guy figured out that you had to have your computer not connected to the internet for the HP software to load properly. Crazy!

Thanks,

Robert

#6 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,472 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

Well, I finally got the driver/software to load properly. I found a thread on the internet regarding the same problem. This guy figured out that you had to have your computer not connected to the internet for the HP software to load properly. Crazy!

Thanks,

Robert

Yep, sounds like a software bug. Glad you got it.

Edited by technonymous, 08 July 2015 - 03:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users