Lets do this, all our tools and scanners work best from the desktop so please download any programs I direct you to to your desktop
Please download aswMBR
to your desktop.
- Right click the aswMBR icon and select Run as Administrator
- XP users just Double Click it to run
- If it says that this computer supports VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY do you want to use it say Yes
- Click the Scan button to start scan.
- Select Quickscan on the dropdown list
- If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
- The scan could take 20 minutes or more , please be patient and let it finish
- It will say Scan Finished when its done.
- When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.
I just want to see the report....Please Do Not Fix Anything
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Please make sure All Users is checked
- Just keep the defaults as in the picture checkmarked
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.